• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello from Alabama

Local time
3:32 AM
Reaction score
I know this is a Mopar forum and I respect that. I've had plenty of friends over many years that have had everything from Barracudas (my personal favorite) to Chargers, and even a Superbird! I even faithfully watch Graveyard Carz (Mark Worman.) I, however, do not currently own a Mopar and ended up reading one of your forums pertaining to hydraulic lifters that basically quit pumping up. I have a similar issue with my engine and was searching the internet to see if anyone else was having the same issue. We are! I actually believe I found the source of the problem and felt the need to share it maybe helping someone else out. So I joined this forum not exactly being in your club, but a car enthusiast none the less. For the record, I built a modified from the frame up 1971 Jaguar E Type with a fuel injected Dart 427 SBC spinning a Tremec TKO600 5 speed and driving a Thornton Locker 3.53:1 independent rear. I hope this isn't an issue with you guys but I promise I won't be a thorn in the bush. Thanks for having me!!
IMG_0734.JPG
IMG_2305 (1).jpg
Finally it's Ed

Welcome from Michigan, the Motor City! Quite a build you have there. 440'

Cool car!

I'm a little surprised you went with a stroked sbc instead of a turbo ls. Definitely different but cool.

Cool car!

I'm a little surprised you went with a stroked sbc instead of a turbo ls. Definitely different but cool.
I don't know, I've always had a thing for the GM mouse motors as we called them. It seems everybody and their brother are using LS motors which produce incredible horsepower from a relatively stock motor. Throw a tubo on it and it can get crazy horsepower. When I built the frame for this car I made it so you could squeeze in a 572 but opted for the small block. BUT... my next one.. who knows, LOL. Hellcat power plant??

While he is a "little" nutty, you can't take it away from him that he knows more than anyone... ok, a lot nutty!
Thanks for the welcome aboard. Glad to be here.
Stick around!! Welcome from Alabama, Is it true that the Jag's of that era had magnesium frames? I ran a guy in the early 70's that had shoehorned a 440 into an XKE roadster. I got beat by god knows how much and he wouldn't run anyone else because he said the magnesium frame had broken on my run with him. None of us ever saw him again. Excuse or truth?

Stick around!! Welcome from Alabama, Is it true that the Jag's of that era had magnesium frames? I ran a guy in the early 70's that had shoehorned a 440 into an XKE roadster. I got beat by god knows how much and he wouldn't run anyone else because he said the magnesium frame had broken on my run with him. None of us ever saw him again. Excuse or truth?
Hey Jerry, thanks for having me. I'm afraid that guy with the magnesium frame either had a one of a kind or he was pulling your leg. The frame on those E Types was 20 gauge steel, very delicate it would seem, but well engineered to provide strength without the weight. I had to cut most of that out to fit this motor and headers. Now it has a heavier frame but can handle way more horsepower than the original V12 at 280 HP.
BTW, I noticed you are also from Alabama. Was your bird featured at the World of Wheels in Birmingham by chance?

Yes, my Bird has been there as well as three others. If you are in Montgomery, I'm less than 20 miles from you in Wetumpka.
20200207_191247.jpg
20190209_155232.jpg
123_12.jpeg
123_1.jpeg

welcome.png
Welcome from one of several Ed's kickin' around FBBO (for quite a while now,
apparently - time flies!).
Still waiting to read about what wisdom you wanted to share with us about the
lifters, though...
Hint: We already know Comp Cams stuff sucks - as does anything from China. :thumbsup:

Yes, my Bird has been there as well as three others. If you are in Montgomery, I'm less than 20 miles from you in Wetumpka. View attachment 1059946View attachment 1059947View attachment 1059948View attachment 1059949
Your cars are very cool. The '61 or '62 Dart was really an eye catcher because of its aggressive design. BTW, I'm very familiar with your home town and have been heavily involved in the downtown revitalization efforts. Now that HGTV is done shooting, we are about to start the next construction phase including sidewalks along Company Street and the new roundabout where it ties to Hill Street. With cars like you have, I'm sure you know Tex quite well too!

Auto Transport Service
Back