• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello from Atlanta

BeepBeepRR

Local time
1:15 PM
Reaction score
Hey guys/girls just wanted to pop in and introduce myself. My name is Dean and I'm currently working on putting a 1969 road runner back on the road. The license plate has a date of 06 so it hasn't been a long time for the old bird. Anyhow I look forward to talking to you guys/girls and exchanging information. I previously had a 67 Belvedere which I chopped the top off of a Coronet and welded it back on. The Belle was a numbers matching car down to the OE exhaust.

I'll post a couple pictures of the Belle and the RR. I no longer have the belle, but the Road runner is in way better shape to start with.

IMG_0458.JPG IMG_0461.JPG IMG_0464.JPG SAM_5934.JPG

Welcome to b bodies theres ton of info here and great people. Show more pics of the bird

Well, the Roadrunner actually belongs to my neighbor and friend. He has enlisted me as the guy to make his dream car. However I can't paint. So I will do the rest other than the paint. We are also farming out the seats to be recovered and the headliner. I actually know how to do both but we have a neighbor that is a master with interiors. So we will let him have that part of it. I will do the carpet and the rest of the interior. My friend that owns the car had one when he was 17 and his father never told him how to do routine maintenance, thus running it low on oil and grenading the 383. He then had a 383 installed by a local junkyard. He picked it up from there and drove it back home and his brother wanted to take it to the store. Well on the way to the store he was in a wreck and totalled it. So in 2 days time the car was repaired and back in the junkyard as scrap. Now he wants to relive that era and just drive it. It's not going to be a "Show car" but nice enough cruiser. Its not a numbers car and is missing the fender tag. Few things I plan on taking off are the Torker intake and that double pumper. As soon as I can find a 383 stock intake and a carb. Anyone know which size Carter carb I should be looking for? 650cfm, 700cfm or 750cfm? Also the edelbrock chrome crap has to go.

IMG_0467.JPG IMG_0470.JPG IMG_0465.JPG IMG_0460.JPG IMG_0462.JPG

Last edited:
:welcome: aboard Dean!
I see in your profile that you are from Zombieland Which is funny they filmed that grocery store scene right down the road from my house. first pic from the movie second pic from google street view.. Its a church now.

zombieland2.png zombieland.png

welcome home,mopar wonderland and great people and mopar knowledge, i am a fellow georgian.what color is your thinking about? do you have all your parts?
The jambs are already painted Hemi orange. But I think hes going to go red with black stripes. Most of the stuff is here and in decent shape. The previous owner is a mopar guy all the way. Has some of the most beautiful cars I have ever seen. Anyhow this car was a turd of his collection lol. But he collected lots of stuff. I'm working on getting most of the interior parts. Headliner, sail panels and package tray. The console is broken in the rear part and more than likely will need to be replaced. I'm still going through all the boxes of stuff. But I'm sure there will be alot I will need to procure. I have some samples of the guys cars that we bought this car from. I hope he doesn't mind me putting them on the web. Hell you guys may know him.

On a weird note.. I assume its from being produced later in the year 68 According to the vin decoder This Vin starts with a R and in 69 the designation was changed to a K. Would I be correct in thinking its just a late year build? Because the year
number is 9. RM21H9G
IMG_0593.JPG IMG_0594.JPG IMG_0602.JPG IMG_0603.JPG IMG_0595.JPG IMG_0601.JPG IMG_0591.JPG IMG_0596.JPG IMG_0592.png

Last edited:
Cool Mopar collection & new RR project

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal

Yea, with the internet "it's a small world" takes on a whole new meaning.
I've used Legendary Interiors for covers.
Put them on myself. Easy.

Auto Transport Service
Back