• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello from Calgary

Winky

Local time
2:05 PM
Reaction score
Hello everybody in FBBO land! I spend most of my time on FABO but I regularly check in here for help with my 71 Roadrunner so I thought I would finally register. If I can’t find what I need on FBBO or FABO then maybe nobody knows the answer…

I’ve been through a short string of 71-74 Plymouth B-Bodies, I like to call this shot “Northern Satellites”:

upload_2021-1-29_11-2-35.png

The Roadrunner is in the middle and actually used the other ones for winter beaters since they were pretty much rusted out but they ran and the heaters always worked great, a definite requirement here in Calgary!

The Roadrunner came to me in the maroon colour, it looks good from far but needs paint and a couple of rust repairs, the original GY8 Gold with black strobes would be my choice at repaint time.

upload_2021-1-29_11-3-28.png

The fender tag, door decal and broadcast sheet disappeared a long time ago but the body stamps and VIN tag match. It’s currently got a 440, HP exhaust manifolds, heads ported using the Mopar templates, the big Thermoquad, and the cam is a 0.480 lift, that’s all the details I have on the cam but it runs pretty good. I have the original 383 and it might get returned to it’s proper home some day if I ever get the motivation. Original crap brown interior with column shift has been replaced by black including buckets and console. The tire chirping full throttle upshifts always put a shift eatin grin on my face and I just love that slap-stik T-handle!!

Looking forward to learning more of your “secrets” honestly instead of as a lurker and who knows, maybe I’ll be able to contribute as well.

Welcome - like the jingle 'Northern Satellites!' A whole lot of knowledgeable people on the forum - I got a lot of help during my resto.

Welcome from Alabama, nice that you found one that can be saved.

Welcome from NY to you Winky.
That there is a CAR

Thanks Guys!

I guess I probably could have saved the yellow one too but it gave up too much of itself to the Roadrunner...

Nice stable of MoPars

welcome to FBBO

Welcome aboard Sir, from the middle of the mitten.

Northern Satellites was the first thought that popped into my head when I saw the cars covered in snow. Definitely not as north as some people but I am on the north side of Calgary if that helps...

Auto Transport Service
Back