• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello from Carnation, WA - 1966 Satellite

Sat440

Local time
5:44 AM
Reaction score
Hello All,

Just acquired a 1966 Satellite. Older drag car that I will be converting back to a street car. This will be my 3rd car to completely restore, but the other two where dare I say it...Fords :).

The car is currently
  • 440 (1978) (org 383 car)
  • 950 dominator (G Max intake)
  • 727 reverse valve body
  • Fiberglass front end and bumper
  • Relocated rear springs with 12 inch Centerlines wheels
  • Rearend (not sure yet)

I have tons of questions and will be posting a lot. I already scored factory buckets and backseat from this site, so I know this is going to be a great resource during this build.

This car came from the mid-west, so if anyone recognizes the car and knows anything about it let me know please.

Thanks,
Mike

7Satellite_small.jpg
SideView.jpg

1964 Comet 545ci BBF 5-speed. Car sat in that field for 24 years.
comet_before_after.jpg

1965 Mustang Fastback. Mild 302 Tremec 5-speed.
mustang_before_after.jpg

Wellcome aboard and thanks for joining the Forum!
Great Car!

BTW: YOU have some Serious Cars there....

PS: I'd LOVE to have that Comet or that Fastback 2+2

Make it streetable, but otherwise leave it alone. We all can go to car shows and see restored cars, but that car has some personality. Maybe it's me, but I would rather see a car like that with some Mojo than a hundred day one cars.
With that said, it's your car- enjoy!

hello from s carolina and sweet cars. glad to have you aboard.

Cool old Satellite drag car

welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

Welcome from NJ. Beautiful cars. Nice work! I agree with Moparwacko!

Welcome to the group.
Nice looking Satellite.
Mine is fairly stock except for the hood scoop.

Satellite at Work.jpg

You're right that you'll get a lot of help from this forum...I joined in 2016 and wish I'd a known about the site sooner. Can't say thanks enough to all those on this forum who helped me out during my '63 Plymouth resto. I'm amazed by the talent and knowhow these guys have. And I've only been called an idiot once so far and well I had it coming!

Hello! Nice car(s)!

From just up the road, Welcome too the FBBO group. I commend you on your earlier projects, especially the Comet. It appears your '66 will be an easier fix and like several have posted, it's yours do it your way! :luvplace:
Bob :moparsmiley:

Auto Transport Service
Back