• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello from Michigan

Chewys68

Local time
8:21 PM
Reaction score
Hello Everyone! Finally starting to get warm here in Michigan and can't wait to get started on my new project I picked up this fall. 1968 road runner 999 code Petty blue car. Finding out lots of difference between early and late 68 and other year road runners so may need some help.

wp_ss_20190401_0003.png wp_ss_20190401_0002.png

:welcome: from the foothills on NE Tennessee!

Welcome.
Nice car

Welcome from not too far, nice ride

Welcome from another from the Motor City. Looks like a nice project. 999 paint code is cool. I will have to swing by to check it out someday.

Hello Everyone! Finally starting to get warm here in Michigan and can't wait to get started on my new project I picked up this fall. 1968 road runner 999 code Petty blue car. Finding out lots of difference between early and late 68 and other year road runners so may need some help.

View attachment 757875 View attachment 757876
Welcome. And yes about the changes made in 68-69. And can get confusing. They were pushing new regulations in the middle of production periods. Don't be totally surprised if you find something out of date. The factory wasn't as concerned about numbers matching as we are today. Plenty of production accidents as well. They would fix with "Body off" components. Or with newer components that was not mandated in the month the car's frame was dropped. And then we all fight about its authenticity. But in the end? Love what you got.

Welcome. West Coast here.

welcome from NorCal Sierras

It's crazy all the different things you read about what should be what! Every plant did it's own thing so there's something different in Every car. Like on the hood treatment I read that in April of 68 St Louis changed from Organisol to low gloss enamel, never would have known that! And like you said I'm sure they'll be some arguments about it.

Welcome from the show me state!!

Auto Transport Service
Back