• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello from Ohio...

Blake67GTX

Local time
1:09 AM
Reaction score
Hi,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

My name is Blake and I own a 67 GTX convertible. Owned the car since High School.

Car has never been restored, only painted. Fresh drive train and new mechanicals all throughout. Family built in 2 car garage. 440 Auto & Dana 60. Not a perfect car by any means, but still fun to pound around small town rural Ohio.

Ran a 12.29 last summer (2017) taking it easy. Should go into 11s with some practice & tune.

Thanks For B Bodies for the many years of technical info! Glad to finally introduce myself.

-Blake
upload_2018-4-16_10-41-7.png

upload_2018-4-16_10-41-42.png

upload_2018-4-16_10-36-15.png
upload_2018-4-16_10-36-56.png
upload_2018-4-16_10-37-37.png

:luvplace:Welcome! Does a convertible need a roll bar @ 12.29?

Welcome Blake, from Vermont. Agree on the roll bar and yeah, what color IS that?

:welcome::icon_fU::popcorn::D

Yes a convertible does need a roll bar at 12.29. In fact, verts need roll bars at 13.99 according to NHRA rules, but where's the fun in that?

I have thought long and hard about roll cages and to me, it's like painting over the Sistine Chapel when dealing with convertible b bodies.

The color is a GM Light Green Metallic (think Late 90s Camaro) with a bunch of pearl thrown it. My old man was a painter/body guy and mixed it himself.

After 14 years, the paint still looks good. Not bad for a home grown paint job.

Welcome from Ohio. Beautiful ride!

My mistake... actually called "Bright Green Metallic". I believe the GM paint code is "319D".

Welcome
Nice X!

Love the last pic of the tri-five getting a good look at your tailights!

Welcome aboard
Thanks for joining!
I SEE you have been a member since May 2010???
So:
You are not a real "Newcomer"
Anyway, nice car

Thanks all for the warm welcome!

I've been researching/reading the forum since 2010. First time saying Hi.

Lots of good info here on FBBO...

Glad to finally reach out and say thanks all!

Welcome to FBBO from SoCal. Sweet looking X. Looks like she has some muscle to her as well.

Auto Transport Service
Back