• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello from Texas, GY8 Plymouth project

Beechwood45789

Local time
6:30 AM
Reaction score
Whats up everyone. My names Foster, 26, from Denton, TX. Figured i'd go ahead a make a profile on here since ive been reading these forums for almost a year, since I got my first mopar, a 72 SSP. Got this car as a beat to hell, rusty, barely running, POS. Heres a little run down of what i've done so far.

-Pulled motor and trans. The 383 had good even compression but ran like a dog. put a Lunati cam and lifters in the 383 to replace the crappy thumper cam, put a Holley double pumper and edelbrock intake on it, painted the motor hemi orange with single stage and polished/painted the mopar performance valve covers. Put FBO advance limiter plate in the dizzy and got the timing better suited for it. Blasted and painted the Hedman headers.

-Stripped the entire car to bare steel and did all the rust repair it needed. Used SPI epoxy primer on everything and then filler work. Then put two gallons of slicksand on it and blocked that out, then 2k high build and wetsanded to 600. I chose to use GY8 gold metallic instead of the original HT8 brown color.

-Ditched the 727 and swapped in a A833 out of a 66 charger.

-Refreshed the white interior with new carpet, Legendary seat covers, and I sprayed the trim and plastics with automotive paint with a flattener in it after cleaning the pieces religiously. Got lucky and found nice original upper door panels on ebay. Put a new headliner in it.

- Cragers, 15x8 in the front 15x10 in the rear.

Much more im forgetting, its been a long year! Besides general tinkering and maintenance to my vehicles and motorcycles I have never done anything like this before so every step is a learning curve. Proud to say that I havent had anyone holding my hand or farmed out 1 dollar in work to anyone else in this process.

A lot more work to do before i'm satisfied with it, i'm shooting to have it rolling before spring. Thanks for letting me join yalls site.

IMG_2884.JPG IMG_2940.JPG

Nice project

welcome to FBBO

Welcome from Alabama, not $1 of farmed out work speaks volumes. Join the fun.

Welcome, looking good. I hope you can be driving it soon.

Welcome from the Woodlands TX.
I stay in Denton for the Pate Swap Meet every year...2020 was canceled but it's back on for this April!!!
You ought to go if you e never been!

Welcome aboard Sir, from the middle of the mitten. Impressive young man, very impressive.

Nice.

Let's see more.....

Welcome to the site from Pasadena! Texas not California....

Welcome from Missouri!!

Auto Transport Service
Back