• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello from Texas!!

tire_fryin89

Local time
9:10 AM
Reaction score
Hello all. Just thought I’d introduce myself. Huge ford guy just getting into mopars starting with a 1964 Savoy and man it has been a challenge so far. The parts for these cars are hard to find! I saved the car from a mud hole behind a old mans house. Slant 6 3 on the tree. All original. But the interior is in sad shape. But It will be getting a RB and a 4 speed so should be a fun car.
B042CAA7-9E8B-4F4A-8049-30EC69A619FC.jpeg
F287D0AC-9CD1-4DC2-92CD-6D02FDCE7201.jpeg
27143085-E7FC-4E3D-9ABA-24895EDFE1AC.jpeg
963C7E72-59FF-43CC-85A1-2A53189B23A4.jpeg

Welcome to the forum! Looks like a cool project!

Nice! Welcome aboard from Ohio.

Looks like a good candidate. If I can help you, let me know. I just finished my 1965 Belvedere 1. I've got a few parts left over that interchange with '64's.

Last edited:
Welcome.
Great car.
Patience will be required...

Welcome to FBBO from SoCal - that’s a sweet model. It’ll be a nice ride when you’ve made some progress. Good luck

Thanks guys. Not bad for a $1500 purchase lol. So far I’ve learned a lot from this site already!! And thankfully the couple of rust spots they do make panels for it so thank goodness for that!! But this does seem like the place to be.

welcome to FBBO

Welcome, glad to see somebody moving up

Nice save. Lots of options once the 55 years of age is cleaned up. I personally would look for a motor/transmission deal that may dictate your build options? 1964 gives you a wide range. 383 was the standard big block option for 64. But a more expensive Max Wedge Super Stock is viable. Hell, a 426 race hemi is on the table. Being only 55 of those 64 Savoy's were ever produced? A hemi clone (Although very expensive) would also bring good money. And lots of attention. If for some reason you need to ditch this effort? Let me know. I'm licking my chops watching here from the bleachers. Welcome aboard.

Welcome to the site! And if you want that car to be nice to you, quit insulting it by pulling it with a Ferd! :D

Auto Transport Service
Back