• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello from the latest noob!

Gary P

Local time
8:33 AM
Reaction score
Hello everyone, and thanks for letting me be here, I've been looking through the site a while and you guys have some serious knowledge and some beautiful cars! I do not own a mopar...yet.

Quick introduction from me, I'm English, but now reside in Utah USA (no I don't have multiple wives, one was bad enough!), and have been a car guy my whole life. As a kid I grew up drooling over American iron on the TV and movies, but being from a small country town in the south of England, that was just a dream (I did however end up with an 83 Camaro Z28E, a total rogue, and an 89 Pontiac 6000LE with 91k miles from new and the Wichita Kansas dealer badges still on the car - in England....on those small roads...with those crazy fuel prices....)
I had some Italian cars, Fiat X1/9, Alfa 33/75, Fiat Strada Abarth, then a Saab 900 Turbo, Porsche 924S, then the classic VW stuff, bugs, type 3, bus....then I moved to America.

I've been in the States for coming on for ten years. My first car here was a 1973 Pontiac Grand Am, basically a GTO with an ugly nose. Various Volkswagen restorations ensued, and while all this was going on, I've been looking for one of these...
maxresdefault.jpg

Well, 20 years of searching for realistic options to own a Monaco/Fury of this body style have left me with....zero. As you experts know, these cars are almost extinct, at least that's what I am finding out. But it won't stop my search, I shall keep looking!

Anyways, thanks for taking the time to read this, I am excited to read about your cars and hopefully one of these Monaco's will come my way one day.
I am, next week, taking a quick ride up the freeway to look at a Dodge Diplomat, which according to the owner has the 360 V8 in it! Not sure of the year, possibly an 80...but it's going to be about $500 so it's worth a look right?
IMG_3547.JPG

Thanks guys and gals!

Welcome to the site! Is the taxi what you're going to look at? The taxi/cop car wheels and hub caps might be worth more than the car! Too bad he's using it for a storage bench.....

Welcome to the site! Is the taxi what you're going to look at? The taxi/cop car wheels and hub caps might be worth more than the car! Too bad he's using it for a storage bench.....

Thanks guys! Glad to be here!

Yes, that's the car I'm going to see. It is a shame it's being used as a bench, as you say! I'm not afraid of a little bodywork. I'm up for the challenge!

Welcome from Alabama, great story hope you find what you want.

Welcome from Texas! Check the speedometer on that Diplomat, if it is "Certified" it may be an ex police package vehicle. Best of luck with the hunt for your dream car!

Oh thank you so much guys!! I appreciate it! I aspire to be a good contributor to the site, as I've learned so much already and want to put in what I get out.

Thanks Greg with regards to your comment on the Speedometer - now, remember I'm a noob - "certified" is identified by what? A tag, some kind of extra mph gauge? Thanks in advance!

Most I have seen, certified was stenciled on the face of the speedometer.

I have been sent a couple more pictures of the Diplomat, give me a few mins and I'll post them up for you guys to see.

IMG_3548.JPG
IMG_3549.JPG
IMG_3550.JPG
IMG_3551.JPG
IMG_3547.JPG

In my uneducated opinion, this is not a police package, because there's no flashlight in the driver side a-pillar, and the dashboard doesn't have a bunch of screw holes for radio/gun mounts. BUT could it be a Govt car, with the big V8 in it?

Educate me fella's!

Welcome from the show me state!!

Welcome from NW CT. Best of luck with your search man...

If ya ever saw the movie The Blues Brothers a whole bunch of mopars were trashed...or you might have had better luck finding one...lol. Good luck on your hunt. Who knows a forum member might have one you'd be interested in.

Auto Transport Service
Back