• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello from the owner of the Ringbrothers Charger

Local time
7:11 PM
Reaction score
I just came across these forum and very happy to now be a part of it!

Below two pictures of my car, a '69 Charger named 'Defector'. If you want to learn more about then please watch the video I made of the unveiling at SEMA incl. interview with the builders:

Thank you all!

02-ring-brothers-1969-dodge-charger-defector-1.jpg

09-ring-brothers-1969-dodge-charger-defector-1.jpg

I do like that interior. The changes are slight but nice.
Also, congratulations for having such a thick skin about the critics, myself being one of them. I did go overboard in my posts here, on Moparts and the DC.com site. I apologize for being rude, I should have worded things with more tact.
I can tell that the quality is great, I just have strong opinions on the exterior changes and have a hard time understanding why they were done. I can understand a change if it corrects a design flaw. To me, these cars have so few. One though is the bolt on quarter panel end caps. I like seeing those filled in with shaped metal and smoothed out. I like seeing the valence corners at the rear welded in smooth. I don't mind a shaved door handle or windshield wiper, that is fine. Mopar Action magazine had a 69 Road Runner they called the Road Rattler. That car was so heavily modified it was an abomination. The grille alone was $40,000 because it was cnc machined from a block of aluminum. The 68 Charger shown years ago called "Maximus" was an all steel, unpainted car with widened quarter panels. To me that car looked odd too. The Swedish 68 at SEMA this year looks much closer to stock but the gigantic wheels make it hard to notice anything else, sorta like a beautiful woman with a pair of watermelon size boobs. Way too much of a good thing!
I notice that every time someone posts up some big dollar car like yours, a wide range of comments will follow. The Mopar crowd has been slow to embrace the "Custom" or "Pro Touring" genre. GM and Ford went through the 80s dealing with making V8 engines emission compliant and computer compatible. (Less power? Well lets make the car HANDLE better!) The better handling came from improved suspensions and lower profile tires on larger diameter wheels. Remember when the 84 Corvette was released with 16" wheels? That was a big deal back then!
The GM and Ford guys had time to adapt to their cars being updated with improved parts because there was still some factory support.
We were abandoned. It will take time before our guys warm up to radical changes.
You seem to be happy with the car. You have the right to build the car as you wish so cheers to you and enjoy the ride.

Welcome! I do like the interior and the color combo.
The body mods and wheels are just not.... my cup of tea...:lol:

Last edited:
Very nice car.

Welcome from coastal Georgia.
:usflag:

Welcome from N.C. Sweet Charger! I love the color combo, I just wish you made the changes reversible to preserve the car. To each his own, beautiful none the less.

First, welcome to FBBO.:thumbsup:
Second, Ring Brothers quality of work is impeccable, no doubt.
Beautiful colors for sure on this one, too.
My impressions of the car (and I'm sure the car was built, at least in part, to illicit reactions from folks, right?) come from the fact that I believe the original Chrysler design of the '68 Charger was as close to perfection as humans can achieve for a muscle car. Proportionally and aesthetically speaking, the design is still beautiful to me.
As such, this rendering strikes me a glancing blow, especially the relocation/widening or whatever the heck is going on with the front suspension.
Not too crazy on what happened with the relocation of the rear track, either.
Can you elaborate on the theory of doing things like you did?
I'd honestly like to know.

In comparison to what others have done modifying 68-70 chargers these days this is one of the better ones done.

I am a steel wheel fan and I like what was done with the wheels.

The exhaust turn downs.....it is not a 442 Goat and I would change that.....

The charger body style is so iconic and done perfectly from the start that there is really no need to change it.....

Overall, The RB did what they always do and it was nicely done....However, I am curious are you really going to hang around here and be an active member?

Have you seen Pat's Bullit charger build thread?
http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/modern-bullitt-build.80384/page-31#post-910806314

Welcome to the madness from NC . . . Great site here with plenty of good people all willing to lend a hand and offer their assistance . . . Enjoy !

Welcome from Vermont! While I usually like the custom offerings from the big builders, there are things that don't trip my trigger too. There is no doubt that the big guys have talent in their shops and do fantastic things to sheet metal of a quality we lesser car guys can only dream about. Enjoy your Charger and know that the only one who should be happy with it is you.

Welcome!

As you said in your video, you like to drive cars a lot, and I have no doubt this will be a blast to drive! I restored my 1970 Road Runner (not at all to the level and quality of your car, but with the same idea of modernizing it to improve driveability and handling). Immediately after it was done, I drove it across country. Yes, I got some dings and chips in it, and the underside is now dirty, but I wouldn't change a thing! It was SO MUCH FUN to drive and enjoy the car. I hope you get the same enjoyment out of yours!

Cheers,

Hawk

P.S. In case you want to see a low budget version: see here for restoration:
http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/hawk-rod-the-restoration.65096/

Here for the trip itself:
http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/hawks-cross-country-70-road-runner-trip.97639/

First, welcome to FBBO.:thumbsup:
Second, Ring Brothers quality of work is impeccable, no doubt.
Beautiful colors for sure on this one, too.
My impressions of the car (and I'm sure the car was built, at least in part, to illicit reactions from folks, right?) come from the fact that I believe the original Chrysler design of the '68 Charger was as close to perfection as humans can achieve for a muscle car. Proportionally and aesthetically speaking, the design is still beautiful to me.
As such, this rendering strikes me a glancing blow, especially the relocation/widening or whatever the heck is going on with the front suspension.
Not too crazy on what happened with the relocation of the rear track, either.
Can you elaborate on the theory of doing things like you did?
I'd honestly like to know.

The front wheel was moved for better weight distribution + I never liked the long overhangs on this car. And the rear was shorten a tad to match the new front, and again for less overhang too. I can understand that is not everything's cup of tea, but I like it. Cheers!

Auto Transport Service
Back