• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello from the west burbs of chicago

gerjamr

Local time
9:15 AM
Reaction score
Merry Christmas all!
Just getting back into this with my son Matt. We have a 66 charger that's been in the family for close to 40ys, my wife and I got the car a little over 30ys ago. The 66 came out of Texas in the early 80's and is very solid with minor rust here and there! In 89ish I did a quick restification, fixed some rust and changed the color (it was green and I didn't care for that then). Interior is still original but is starting to come apart now. We drove it until the third kid came along, couldn't take them all so it sat for awhile 18ish years.
Well my son, the youngest has been pestering me for years to get it out, I told him maybe over the winter, he called my bluff and got the car out, so I guess this is the year. So right now we are putting a new vinyl top on it, window seals and re-doing the dash. We'll see how it goes from there!
We will be here for info and advice, feels good to be back in the game!!
That's Matt, he's 25 now and been wanting to drive it for the last 20!!
att_137633460119092.jpeg

20190922_131303_1569172414790.jpg
20191031_122139.jpg

Welcome from Michigan, the Motor City! Great story and pics! 440'

Welcome from Alabama, certainly a car to be appreciated.

Welcome from Wonderful Lisle, Just South of Pritzberg! Ha!
Glad to hear you got shamed into getting her out and working!

welcome from s carolina and that great have fun with your son. :thumbsup:

Cool, I'm just down the road off the west end of the elgin o'hare!

Hi gerjamr, :welcome: to the site, Merry Christmas, and thanks for the pictures and history. May as well get Matt to sign up here as well if he's going to be the push behind the project :)

:thumbsup: Thanks for joining us. :welcome:from Ky. Slots look good on that car!

Welcome from Missouri!! Great story!!

welcome to FBBO

Welcome aboard Sir, from the middle of the mitten. My 66 is that green, but I don't mind the color.

Auto Transport Service
Back