• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello-

BrianS

Local time
3:57 AM
Reaction score
Hi Guys-Just picked up a 68 RR project this week and am looking forward to learning about Mopar. Yes it is my first Mopar, I have been a Pontiac guy and still have a 69 GTO but always wanted a RR or SB so here we go again.....lol
IMG_1261.jpg
IMG_1262.jpg

Welcome Brian!

Welcome from Alabama, I was going to say you have your hands full, but with the pictures of the goat I see you have it under control.

:welcome: and good luck with the road runner...it looks like you know what you're doing. :)

Welcome from NorCal!

Sweet GTO

Well there a lot more options to mod mopars than a decade or so ago, and a lot of knowledgeable & helpful people here

Looks like the RR is in very good hands; how long have you wanted one?

Last edited:
Welcome from NorCal!

Sweet GTO

Well there a lot more options to mod mopars than a decade or so ago, and a lot of knowledgeable & helpful people here

Looks like the RR is in very good hands; how long have you wanted one?

I first owned the GTO in 1980 and sold it when I went in the service. Really long story but located it in that shed and got it back about 6 years ago. At the same time I owned the GTO (1980) one of my best friends had a 68 Coronet with a 440 4speed. It was not a true SB but was painted yellow with a black top. Spent a ton of time racing each other and hanging out in each others cars. I always enjoyed his car as much as mine. That car prompted me to start looking for a SB or a RR when I finished the Goat.

The RR is actually in quite a bit better shape than it first appears. It has been on a rotisserie in a guys shop for the last 10 years. The original 383/auto has been gone through by a local shop. It came with almost all the parts along with quite a bit of new stuff. It is missing a few things (almost like there is a box of parts in his shop someplace we missed, he is looking for it now). There is zero rust and it is really straight with the exception of one small dent in the rear quarter. It was originally white with a red/burgundy interior and from what I am hearing the red interior was not that common.

Where abouts in NorCal are you? I am in Martinez, the car has been all over NorCal. I purchased it from a guy in Redding who traded a car to a guy in Turlock for it 10 years ago. Classic case of how guys get in over their heads-it it real easy to tear them apart but not so easy to put them back together.

Welcome from Michigan, the Motor City! Nice Goat, that was a project! Looks like that RR is in good hands! 440'

Just wanted to say thanks for saving another bird. A friend of mine has a 68 GTO same color. Welcome to the forum.

Welcome from Missouri!! Had a 69 Grand Prix that color, still miss it!!

Welcome from Missouri!! Had a 69 Grand Prix that color, still miss it!!
Missouri! If you look at the pic of the GTO on the trailer you will notice it looks like Missouri in the background. I grew up in Osceola and the car was found in Quincy!

Small world!!! Again, welcome from the show me state!!

Auto Transport Service
Back