• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello

Jag91

Local time
12:47 PM
Reaction score
I joined the forum a couple months back and I'm just now getting around to posting here. I have already learned so much from this site. I was fortunate enough to buy a 67 belverere II that was purchased new by my great grandpa and has been garage kept in the family since then. The certi card with his name is still in the car. The car still ran and drove when I got it, but had very little maintenance over the years and everything was original. It's a 318 auto with 2.94 rear and no options. It has 80,000 original miles. This is my first classic car, but I have always had a love for mopars. I had a trackhawk and now have a 21 TRX, but there is just something unexplainable about driving this car. So far, I have replaced the carpet, had the seats reupholstered, a few interior odds and ends that were broken, I've done a complete tune up and fixed all of the current leaks. The car is currently at a shop getting headers, dual exhaust, gtx tips, qa1 shocks, and a ssbc front power disk brake kit. The next things on my list is to go through the suspension and steering. The car has some front end damage from the one time that my great grandma tried to learn to drive after my great grandpa passed away. My grand ma took her to an air strip to let her practice and she hit the only thing within a mile... a small ditch. I have already began collecting parts to fix it. I bought a grill and headlight bezels from Mr hall, and realized what a wealth of knowledge he has for 66-67 b bodies. I am thoroughly enjoying learning about these cars and the process of getting it back to where it deserves to be. Thanks.

20211218_194307.jpg 20220117_150540.jpg 20220127_065456.jpg 20220127_065506.jpg 20220206_195534.jpg 20220210_182252.jpg 20220211_212633.jpg 20220212_141351.jpg 20220212_141354.jpg 20220212_145200.jpg

That's so cool you have your great grandpa's car! He had great taste as did my dad. I have his '70 GTX.

Welcome from Michigan the Motor City! Thx for the pics, nice story and car. 440'

Welcome from South Carolina!
Awesome car! Love the '67's :thumbsup:

"The Beautiful Origin of Belvedere
It is said that beauty is in the eye of the beholder—and someone with a belvedere will likely have a great deal of beauty to behold. Given the origins of the word, belvedere is the ideal term for a building (or part of a building) with a view; it derives from two Italian words, bel, which means "beautiful," and vedere, which means "view." The term has been used in English since the 1570s."

"A Beautiful view!"

Welcome to FBBO

Nice Belvedere

Nice.

I really like turbine bronze.

Jerry is a really cool guy to meet in person. And you are correct very knowledgeable on 66-67 Belvederes and Coronets. Looks like you have a great car with great history. Save the bent and broken parts for wall hangers.. Ya know points of conversation. Plus they have history.

Love the car, and best of luck with your grandpa's car. He's always there , I know, I have my grandfather's pick up (It's a '66 Ford short bed he bought in '71. Can still smell tobacco juice when I drive it)
You'll love the memories while you drive. Enjoy.:luvplace:

Greetings from Canada!! :canada: Nice car!, great that it's been in your family all it's life.

Welcome from Missouri!!

Auto Transport Service
Back