• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help 1978 sport fury

beetle1963

Local time
8:04 PM
Reaction score
What body is this ? I'm new to ply. how rear it it and where do I look for parts ? What is it worth?
ps this is my first post don't hit me to hard.
Dave

P1110020.jpg P1110021.jpg P1110022.jpg P1110024.jpg

It is a B-Body, it is a rare body style, but that because they are not real desirable. As far as I know parts are scares for these cars, because they are not in demand.
Over the years I've had a few of these, and I like them, but a lot of people do not. I have always wanted to do a prostreet thing to one of these cars.

As for as it's worth, I really don't know , but you car looks really nice! I would love to own it!

tell us more about the car, milage,options and did you buy it or was it in the family. what engine.

I bought the car off the original owners son.
It has 35,000 miles on it. It has a 360 engine
am radio,and air condition.

What body is this ? I'm new to ply. how rear it it and where do I look for parts ? What is it worth?
Dave

I bought the car off the original owners son.
It has 35,000 miles on it. It has a 360 engine
am radio,and air condition.

Hey she is a keeper. A car is only worth what someone will pay for it. I would say these Furies will come into their own one day,but no time soon. Looks like she is all original and a survivor keep her the way she is. :hello2:

that is a sweet *** fury right there. they just dont get much cleaner than that and the 2 doors are even more hard to come by. i love it.

I will bet that you will get alot of looks at it. It is definitly a keeper. If you have a weekly car show take it and watch people look at it, and I bet someone will ask if it is a ford or chevy. It also has alot of good options. You asked what it was worth, my question is how much did you pay and then you will get answers . Another thing is that year it was not called a sport fury but a fury sport.

I bought it to keep but I'm just not into ply. I'm a ford -vw guy that just happened to buy a ply. It will be for sale as soon as I get the title back witch in pa could take a4-6 weeks.
If it gets back in time it just might end up at Hershey.
I have my eye on a 1936 ford.

Well the 36 is sold so it looks like I will be cruising in the fury sport.

Would that be sweet with a well muffled 440 or what?

sleeper-title-still.jpg

Hi,
My first car out of high school was a 78 plymouth sport fury and I've been looking for years to find one.
I'm wondering if you've sold yours here, and if not, if you're still interested in selling it.

I'm very interested and hoping your's is still available.

Could you send me a note as soon as possible ?

Thank you very very much,
Tim

It does look like a sweet ride and I’m more into the muscle genre. Keep and drive the wheels off of it....

Nice car. They are hard to find in that condition. I think 5k would be reasonable? More if you find the right buyer. Mechanically you should have no major issues finding parts, body/trim won't be as easy (very few reproduction parts). The later b-bodies ride very nice, and the 360 is a big plus. Try to keep it as stock as possible or the value will go down.

Dave

Hi Dave,
My first car out of high school was a 78 plymouth sport fury and I've been looking for years to find one.

I'm wondering if you've sold yours here, and if not, if you're still interested in selling it.

I'm very interested and hoping your's is still available.
I'm willing to pay a premium for yours because I'm really hoping to find a nice one like yours.

Could you send me a note as soon as possible ?

Thank you very very much,
Tim

View attachment 74861 View attachment 74862 View attachment 74863 View attachment 74864

this thread is 7 years old
odds are someone else owns it now..

Just cause it old thread he might still have it. Although not everyone keeps all the vehicles they ever owned like i do. Yea I bet it’s long gone.

Auto Transport Service
Back