• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help adding aftermarket gauges help with wiring

cmkryzer

Local time
5:03 PM
Reaction score
I am adding the 3 gauges cluster to my 1967 Plymouth GTX. What and where are the best options to tie into for the hot wire and the back lighting connections? TIA

I am adding the 3 gauges cluster to my 1967 Plymouth GTX. What and where are the best options to tie into for the hot wire and the back lighting connections? TIA
Gauges do not require much power. You could use the radio wires for both, keyed red 12 volt and lighting orange. Or tap into the fuse block for both feeds.

If you are adding a mechanical oil pressure gauge, all big blocks have a second oil pressure tap at the back of the block. There is a plug with a 3/8" square head that screws into this port. Take a long 3/8" ratchet extension, turn it upside down, and slip it over the plug head. You can now turn this out with an open end wrench. You can now install the oil gauge adapter here.

Auto Transport Service
Back