• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help finding part

pearljam724

Local time
10:29 PM
Reaction score
I broke off one of the axle studs that mount the axle and wheel hub to the axle housing. There are 5 of them, it is a knurled stud. Just like the wheel hub studs. But much smaller.
Stopped at local part stores and they don’t sell any knurled studs this small. Nothing I can see on EBay. I guess the correct terminology would be axle stud ? Where as the studs that hold the actual wheels on are wheel hub studs, don’t know the correct term commonly used on the axle studs ?

A8F471A5-B4DF-4436-A653-D092BB1B92B6.jpeg

Maybe they are called rear axle retainer studs ? But, I can’t find them

I found part number - 6036556AA. Just can’t find them outside of EBay. Where they are too much.

Right, I wasnt suggesting giving Jim $12.50 a piece for them either. :icon_fU: They've got to be pretty common once you find the proper description or #.

https://www.summitracing.com/search/part-type/axle-housing-end-fasteners/fastener-style/t-bolt/axle-model/chrysler-8-75-in?N=axle-model:chrysler-8-75-in&SortBy=Default&SortOrder=Ascending
People have to make a few bucks. EBay is the problem. Ebay is far too expensive to sell anything anymore. They, PayPal and shipping makes all the money. While sellers settle for crumbs. You would think they would be easy to find at a reasonable cost because Dorman remanufactures wheel studs. They probably make these axle retainer studs too. If I knew the size, pitch and knurl. But, I can’t find that info. It’s called a axle housing rear stud.

Walmart sells them for $16 a piece on line. But, I’m not paying that. They have to be remanufactured by Dorman a lot less. That I can’t find

Walmart sells them for $16 a piece on line. But, I’m not paying that. They have to be remanufactured by Dorman a lot less. That I can’t find

I would never put a Dorman part in any vehicle, only way if it was an emergency and I will be changing when I get home.

I would never put a Dorman part in any vehicle, only way if it was an emergency and I will be changing when I get home.
I’m looking at having one less stud than I should. I ll put anything on it. Never had a problem with Dorman studs. Today, very little metal has quality. That goes for steel too. It’s only going to get worst. For a lot of reasons

Make one from a grade 8 fine thread bolt. Grind one tip flat so it fits in the axle flange. Have 'um in my 65 since 2004.I did it to all 10.

Have you tried a Mopar dealer or apply a different application in a search? 6036556AA evidently fits my 2005 ram 9-1/4 as well.
upload_2019-9-9_14-51-56.png

Make one from a grade 8 fine thread bolt. Grind one tip flat so it fits in the axle flange. Have 'um in my 65 since 2004.I did it to all 10.
Yeah, I was thinking of that. I think it’s pretty important to have all 5 there. Especially, because all the original ones have part of the head originally grinded off on one side. They lose strength in that design as is.

These got to be out there, though - new

Did you try Dr. Diff? He gas always been fair with me on pricing. I sure wouldn't think ylthey should be more than a couple of bucks each. But then again, we are dealing with Mopars.

Did you try Dr. Diff? He gas always been fair with me on pricing. I sure wouldn't think ylthey should be more than a couple of bucks each. But then again, we are dealing with Mopars.
Thank you, I ll look now

Jegg's and Summit has the whole set for $15.00. Backing plate bolts for a Dana60 or an 8-3/4.

Do you have a measurement? The leftover ones that I have are only one inch long. When doing my axle conversion Dr. Diff supplied longer ones.

Should be a junkyard around that you could get one from.
20170809_170905.jpg

Jamie at Mega Parts is someone else you could try. Same with Cass though, I would call him because some of this odd stuff is not listed on their sites.

Do you have a measurement? The leftover ones that I have are only one inch long. When doing my axle conversion Dr. Diff supplied longer ones.

Should be a junkyard around that you could get one from.
View attachment 831877
Jegg's and Summit has the whole set for $15.00. Backing plate bolts for a Dana60 or an 8-3/4.
Can you please post a link. I can’t find it, I see the retainer with new bearing. But, no bolts individually. Thank you

I'll go there and get the link. What's the diameter of the threaded portion? Is it a Dana
or 8-3/4?????

Auto Transport Service
Back