• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help I.D these ‘original’ 6.5” steelies

Typically used on C Body cop cars in the late 1960's to mid 1970's before the popular 15x7 "rally" style cop car wheel came out in the late 1970's. I have owned several sets and used them on my 1/2 ton Dodge pickups. 5 on 4-1/2" lug pattern. I still have a few now.

Thanks for the info, looks like I need to contact the seller to clarify the bolt pattern as like you, I believe they must be 4.5” Pcd

I agree with the assessment that they are late 60's on (likely truck rims). If you go all the way back to early 60's they would likely use the bigger dog dish caps, even on trucks, I do believe. I see that same seller has those early style as well in another listing....

Think there are numbers by the valve stem. If you can get the numbers they should tell you what year they are. Might have to post the numbers so somebody can decode them.

Think there are numbers by the valve stem. If you can get the numbers they should tell you what year they are. Might have to post the numbers so somebody can decode them.
Talking of valve stem numbers, my friend turned these wheels up the other day. I’m thinking they’re Dodge truck rims, 15 x ? With 4.5”
Thanks, some more wheels turned up this week, completely smooth and look like truck wheels to me, 15x? and 4.5” pattern. They have M2 stamped on them

8270E7D8-FFC0-499A-A74F-C96D170430F7.jpeg AEF5AFA5-43F8-4D5A-89C2-23085F548A4E.jpeg

Chrysler called that a "Safety Wheel". Likely wider than 4.5". I rarely see them, but I know the early "C" body land yachts used them. I'm sure I have one from a '71 New Yorker here somewhere.... dunno about the M2. Also, notice those would use the tiny dog dish caps, like most '68 on rims would.

15x6.5 steel mopar rims were a part of the HD package on my 1977 Cordoba.

Chrysler called that a "Safety Wheel". Likely wider than 4.5". I rarely see them, but I know the early "C" body land yachts used them. I'm sure I have one from a '71 New Yorker here somewhere.... dunno about the M2. Also, notice those would use the tiny dog dish caps, like most '68 on rims would.
Thanks, I meant 4.5” lug pattern, the wheel looks to me about 6” but it’s not in front of me to measure.

That solid centered wheel looks like the 15x6 type I had on my 71 New yorker years ago.

Auto Transport Service
Back