Help identify master cylinder?

Brakes, Steering & Suspension

1. fmahannah

fmahannah Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:39 PM
    I am pretty new to Mopars so need some help from you guys. My 63 Polara 500 had been converted to front disc brakes but there was no record of what kit was used. I need to replace the master cylinder cap but have no idea what master cylinder they used. I can't read the numbers if any on the bottom of it. I have attached a couple pics to see if anyone here recognizes which master cylinder it might be so I can get a cap, or a new master cylinder I can buy that would work for this setup. Any help greatly appreciated.

PDR_0069.jpg PDR_0070.jpg

2. cudajunction

cudajunction Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:39 PM
    Just bought one that looks like that for a 71 dart manual disc brake car. Hope that helps.

3. ODZKing

ODZKing Well-Known Member

Local Time:
  4. fmahannah

Local Time:
    Conversion

The brakes work fine. Car originally was power drum all the way around and was converted to disc on the front. I just want to replace the MC cover if I can but it is hard to figure out what matches. I suspect that they did the conversion using 71-74 mopar parts and that the master cylinder is from that era as it looks just like the ones for power front disc brakes for 71-74 a bodies. Might have to just take it off so I can clean the bottom enough to read the casting numbers but wanted to avoid that if I can

5. Hemi 354

Hemi 354 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:39 PM
    You can do some research here. About a week ago, that very subject came up and some our FBBO members were using Muratic acid / Water (about a 1 to 5 mix), let it set for awhile, and it makes one of the MC covers look like new. Others were using diesel.

6. fmahannah

Local Time:
    Checked the site for the posts about the acid, and it reminded me that I have some rust remover that has worked well on some really rusty suspension parts. Honestly I was afraid to use any chemicals on it since they might have stripped the yellow coating along with the rust. I have the cover soaking in it now, worst case I would have to blast the lid and paint it. Will see what happens, thanks

7. wedge69

wedge69 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    That is a Ford style master. Most after market company, s use them. You need to look for a Mid 70,s to 80,s master lid or casket. Hope this helps you ?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Car Nut

Car Nut Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      8:39 PM
    • miller

miller Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      I'm using the same master on my disc conversion, only difference for manual brakes. Your's is probably right for power.

If I remember right, for a 67 Dodge Coronet (lol, on my Ply.).

• fmahannah

Local Time:
      I can't find any numbers at all on the bottom of the MC. Rust came off the cover along with the gold coloring, so I will just blast it and paint it black until I need a new MC. Thanks

• super-bee_ski

super-bee_ski FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
      7:39 PM
      Bendix

• mobileparts

mobileparts Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      That is NOT a Ford Master Cylinder, as someone "suggests" -- Chrysler Products were the ONLY ones that used that four - bolt mounting system after 1963 of ANY manufacturer.....
      That Master Cylinder is the 1971 - 1973 Power Brake Master Cylinder in the MOPAR world -- which is the VERY COMMON
      master cylinder used in the Disc Brake Conversion Kits of the world for years....
      The Eis # of that Master Cylinder is E75818 (Eis is out of business) and the Bendix # of that Master Cylinder is 1515 and then it became an 11515 (they doubled the initial "1" when they went to five-digit #s for Master Cylinders)
      Unfortunately, the companies that sold Master Cylinder Lids only are out of business here on the East Coast --
      perhaps you can find one where you live.....

• Agree Agree x 1
      • fmahannah

Local Time:
        Thanks

Thanks, I figured it was early 70's mopar but now I have a part number I can use to track down a new one when I need it. For now I blasted the lid and painted it black

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
        By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.