• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help me get a new home page please

joe smith

Local time
5:30 PM
Reaction score
I cannot take the " L" wing Microsoft home page I have anymore.

Have tried to look up " how to" change it online but I guess I am just too computer illiterate to do it.... I have a Dell computer, and windows 10..

It seems that my computer does NOT want to let me change and does NOTHING to help.. If I recall correctly, older systems had a " change Home page" section and I cannot find anything like that now....
Any help here... And with baby steps...LOL

How times have changed.. years ago, instead of "help me get new home page please".... it was "help me get home please, I'm drunk as a skunk...." :drinks:

If you are using Chrome or any Chrome based browser like Brave you can go to settings. And then click on startup. Edit or add what ever you want to be your page to start up with.

Click on the 3 dots in the upper right corner a window will pop up scroll down to settings and click on it.. Then a new page will open up. Look on the left side for startup. THis is where you add or remove startup pages. On the same page you can select what search engine you would like to use. So you can change that too if needed.
chrome://settings/onStartup

How times have changed.. years ago, instead of "help me get new home page please".... it was "help me get home please, I'm drunk as a skunk...." :drinks:
Cheers!

If you're using Firefox, it's easy. Just navigate to whatever page you like - FBBO for example - then at the top of the menu hit 'Tools', 'Settings', 'Home' and click 'Use Current Page'.

If you are using Chrome or any Chrome based browser like Brave you can go to settings. And then click on startup. Edit or add what ever you want to be your page to start up with.

Click on the 3 dots in the upper right corner a window will pop up scroll down to settings and click on it.. Then a new page will open up. Look on the left side for startup. THis is where you add or remove startup pages. On the same page you can select what search engine you would like to use. So you can change that too if needed.
chrome://settings/onStartup
Ok I got your instructions to work.. thank you

Any recommendations on a " middle of the Road" newsite?? I went to townhall and there was nothing except Rittenhouse articles.. I would like more news than the CORRECT verdict for Kyle....

I think they either lean left or lean right. There may be a few that are straddling the middle. That would be up to you to decide.

Newsmax
The Epoch Times
The Right Side Network
The Gateway Pundit
These tend to lean right

MSNBC
ABC
CBS
CNN
These tend to lean left and make up what ever they think is good reporting. In my opinion.

This is one I just found that could be an actual unbiased news page.. But not sure.
https://www.allsides.com/unbiased-balanced-news

According to allsides the picture below is a decent guide to show you who and what lean to what side.

AllSidesMediaBiasChart-Version5_0.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back