• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

help! need pictures of 1970 steering column key release lock out linkage

barryv

Local time
6:10 AM
Reaction score
hi, i am looking for close up pictures of the linkage that goes from the transmission to the other parts that activate the steering column key realease. i used to have a steering column shift and have since converted with auto floor shift. i am not sure if all the column key release lock linkage is the same. i also converted to the repo 3 piece steering column collars for floor shift . thank you!

1673745865815.jpeg

im not sure how the right side of the column lock rod attaches.thanks

You need to get yourself a FSM...Factory Service Manual...for your ride!!! They are an invaluable tool when it comes to our cars. I don't know how many times I have suggested it here on FBBO, and yet it continually falls on one's deaf ears. Get one and it will prove its worth countless times over...cr8crshr/Bill :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

Do you have a rear rod like this? Red arrow — You need a rear lock rod like this; blue arrow.
1673824805635.png

wow! i cant believe how much time i wasted crawling under car . 4 days worth trying all kinds of ways to figure it out. i have the rod in the red picture. do you know were i can find the blue rod and how does the end connect. the swivel end i understand. i really appreciate your help and time to help me with this! thanks

Click on the eBay link.

Yes, it connects to the swivel. I am unsure if the shaft on the swivel is longer for the console shift cars—the parts manual states that it is the same.
You could modify the rod, cut, flatten and drill the hole.

Those rear lockout rods are scarce.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back