• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help Needed with Installation of Lower Control Arms and Torsion Bars

jgmccrac

Local time
12:41 AM
Reaction score
I am having issues getting LCA and torsion bars installed correctly on my 69 charger. The driver side LCA key is at max height but the car sits at about 0.5 to 1 inch lower than the passenger side. The LCA arms are QA1s and the torsion bars are new Mopar performance. Is there an indexing method to get the LCA properly clocked at the same position? I know Torsion Bars come with a Left and Right orientation. Any advice would be appreciated.

I am having issues getting LCA and torsion bars installed correctly on my 69 charger. The driver side LCA key is at max height but the car sits at about 0.5 to 1 inch lower than the passenger side. The LCA arms are QA1s and the torsion bars are new Mopar performance. Is there an indexing method to get the LCA properly clocked at the same position? I know Torsion Bars come with a Left and Right orientation. Any advice would be appreciated.
Have you removed the bump stops? They give an extra inch or so clearance :thumbsup:

If you mean the driver's side adjusting bolt is all the way in then check the torsion bar socket is not turning in the frame. I don't know the condition of your car but they can rust and fail here. I'f it's all solid, then you might need to remove the torsion bar from the lca socket, let the lca drop to full hang, and reinstall the torsion bar with the adjuster bolt all the way out and the adjuster blade all the way down. Then you should be able to get enough tension on the bar to even out the ride height.

Have you removed the bump stops? They give an extra inch or so clearance :thumbsup:
I looked over the car again and I now know what you mean. I will try this later and report back. Thanks for the advice.

Auto Transport Service
Back