• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help out a young gear head

John Hogan

Local time
2:36 AM
Reaction score
This is an unusual post but I found an unusual young lady on eBay selling her carb overhaul services. Hope this post is allowed, she's not a friend or related in any way but I was just impressed when I saw her eBay listing. In a time when we think interest is waning in our hobby and young folk fail to have an entrepreneurial spirit this is a breath of fresh air.
I asked her permission to share her eBay post and she replied with : "Oh my gosh that would be fantastic if you would post my listing. I have been so excited about the number of purchases I’ve actually hired one of my best friends and she comes over on Saturdays and I pay her $10 a carburetor to break them down into their parts so that I can soda blast them, clean them and rebuild them. I was able to pay her $100 last weekend for 10 carbs that she broke down. That’s more than she makes in a week on her part-time job at Subway."
Sounds like she does a super job on the carb overhauls and specializes in Edelbrock carbs so of course her expertise would extend to AFB's and AVS's. Thinking if anyone is looking to have a carb rebuilt it would be great to support her. I've rebuilt tons of carbs in my 68 years but I've never gone to the process she uses!
Here's the link"
https://www.ebay.com/itm/144363735000?hash=item219cbfc7d8:g:C-cAAOSwJ1Nh2uRW

Last edited:
Thats pretty cool. I wish her all the best . :thumbsup:

fantastic...wish her all the success in this. She is headed for a very bright future. And thanks to you John for posting..you are paying it forward.

Auto Transport Service
Back