• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HELP trying to get my 5.7 swap to run w/o transponder!?!?!

garageman1965

Local time
11:52 PM
Reaction score
Okay I have a 2004 HEMI with Auto trans pulled out of a ram truck and I am going to put it in my 1969 Charger I can get it to turn over and start but it wont run been reading that it has a transponder built into the key (I dont have it) but have reading up on it that I can bypass it or override it I need help its driving me crazy when it starts it sounds amazing and i want to get it into the Charger this Winter......HELP PLEEEEEEEEASE :sad7:

Sounds like you need to have the security code deactivated... I suggest you get on FABO and search the new Hemi swap section or even post your question there. Lots more information over there as well as members doing the swap...

Ithas the "skim" and you will need to have it removed. Call Tony Squire at hotwireauto.com and he will tell you what has to be done, you'll need to send the computer in to have it removed.

And yes, the FABO guys have alot more info to offer ya, but I'll help you out the best I can.

Auto Transport Service
Back