• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with 68 Coronet rear quarter patch panel

kreaton

Local time
3:18 PM
Reaction score
I am looking for used rear quarter patch panels for my 68 Coronet 440 four door. I need for both sides of car and I don't mind used, dirty, or a little rusty. Heck they can even have bullet holes. I would even be happy with someone willing to take some poster board to their 68 and trace the curve of the wheel well in relation to the body line and make me a template. Also if someone could post a few pictures of what the back of the quarter area looks like where it meets up with rear cross member. Year One has them on their site but they don't know if they will become available again for some time. I will post a pic of what I hope to fix. This is the better side. Thanks for your time in reading. Stay groovy everyone.
this post
IMG_20230417_171523230.jpg

Last edited:
This was my 1966 Belvedere all of the trunk floor was removed. You can see the frame rails all the way out to the quarter skin on the left of the photo. The quarter skin is greyish looking. The frame rail has the leaf spring perch attached to it and more to the right of the frame rail. 68/69 are all the same. They only differ by trunk pan pretty much the 66/67 have a tire well and the 68/70 do not. But you will have trunk pan extension that go from the trunk pan to the quarter skin and weld at the bottom. I will see if i have a picture of a trunk drop off extension. I would bet that if your quarter skin is that bad then you need drop offs. Because they will be rusted out pretty bad.

IMG_0892.JPG

Thank you for the picture. I bought new drop offs and will be putting them on this weekend. They were shot just like the rear portion of the quarter. I am hoping someone has a pair for sale or even a poster board template I can try to make my own. Not looking to make a show ride I like my old cars with the work clothes on. Thanks again and stay groovy✌️

Thank you for the picture. I bought new drop offs and will be putting them on this weekend. They were shot just like the rear portion of the quarter. I am hoping someone has a pair for sale or even a poster board template I can try to make my own. Not looking to make a show ride I like my old cars with the work clothes on. Thanks again and stay groovy✌️
I saw complete quarters for 200.00 each I didn't see any patch panels. Which is odd.

Jegs and several other vendors carry quarters for a two door just not for my car. I am not sure if the rear of those panels are the same however the cheapest shipping is still over 500.00 and I can't afford shipping and 500.00 for the quarters. So I hope I can find some used ones on here or like I have said before, even a paper template would be a great. Thanks

Auto Transport Service
Back