• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with Dashtop replacement on 1970 Plymouth GTX 440-6 in the Beverly Hills area...

Local time
11:15 PM
Reaction score
A few years since last post here. The GTX has been great and used throughtout the UK, Spain and Italy. It is now back in the USA in Beverly hills.
I just need a few small tidy up jobs and then it will be listed for sale on Hemmings. I need to fit a new dash top and have received the new part ready to fit. Can someone recommend a garage that could fit it for me in the 90210 area? Some say its a windscreen out job but obviously want to avoid that. Thank you

1970 Plymouth GTX 440-6 V-Code Auto 1 of 328. 472 BHP Race build Engine. Hauser Diff. Disc brakes all around. Gear Vendors Overdrive. Firm Feel steering. Full Apple green Leather Interior. Retro Sound (Bluetooth) Air Conditioning. Seat belts. Ivy green.

L1060285d.jpg

Last edited:
A few years since last post here. The GTX has been great and used throughtout the UK, Spain and Italy. It is now back in the USA in Beverly hills.
I just need a few small tidy up jobs and then it will be listed for sale on Hemmings. I need to fit a new dash top and have received the new part ready to fit. Can someone recommend a garage that could fit it for me in the 90210 area? Some say its a windscreen out job but obviously want to avoid that. Thank you

View attachment 1470680

L1060310f.jpg

Nice car :thumbsup:

not sure you can get to the screws
maybe a 90* driver attachment, it's pretty tight in there

sorry nobody I know of down South, good luck

@autoxcuda The pad can be removed without removing the frame.. The frame requires the windshield be removed, the pad does not... But it requires more flexibility than most of us old farts possess these days... Steve (autoxcuda) should know of a shop in the area that can do it....

@autoxcuda The pad can be removed without removing the frame.. The frame requires the windshield be removed, the pad does not... But it requires more flexibility than most of us old farts possess these days... Steve (autoxcuda) should know of a shop in the area that can do it....

True. I replaced the upper dash pad on my a/c equipped 68 Charger a few years ago in the car. Got to take out the glove box, radio, heater/ac controls and take out the instrument cluster screws and pull the cluster forward a bit. Also, pull the seats out to be able to work on your back more comfortably.

Lucky for the O/P being a V code there's no A/C, those ducts make it a lot tighter to work behind the dash...

Thank you. Much appreciated.

Auto Transport Service
Back