• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with measurement please

7necharger

Local time
10:32 AM
Reaction score
Need help I am not getting right measurement with red mark line like to know are you getting same?I am getting 1" less on K member.

20190116_205938.png

Is this the same diagram?

a33b91be8d9d7a5da0f7b947c786487c.jpg

Do you have the correct K-member ???

I would think if there is no obvious damage and repair that shortened the front end, getting the same measurements side-to-side would be sufficient to determine the car is square. Leave it at that and move on. Really, what are your options ?!?!

Diagonal measurements will tell you if it's square.....or take it to a frame shop. Btw, 1/4" differences is common with way more than that on the body measurements.

Diagonal measurements will tell you if it's square.....or take it to a frame shop. Btw, 1/4" differences is common with way more than that on the body measurements.
Actually complete front frames are new which i am trying to install.i am only having problem to adjust the k member.

The aftermarket front frames are probably for both Plymouth and Dodge b-body and will have holes for one or the other. Whereas the factory would have stamped seperate ones for each with holes where the engineers wanted them. Since you're doing a Dodge, maybe have a look at Plymouth measurements and see if those match.

The larger diagram in #3 is the same as in post #1.
Lol yes I understand what you mean.my question is on K member in the top where the engine sits there is hole and underneath of the K member so which hole shoud I take to do measurement of 54 1/2?

Lol yes I understand what you mean.my question is on K member in the top where the engine sits there is hole and underneath of the K member so which hole shoud I take to do measurement of 54 1/2?

That diagram is looking at the bottom of the car. So, it would be the hole on the bottom side of the K member. Also, the 54-1/2 inch dimension is the distance between the hole edges, not the hole centerlines. I am looking for a sharper image.

I'll be taking measurements sometime this weekend. Currently, it is raining here in coastal Georgia.

That diagram is looking at the bottom of the car. So, it would be the hole on the bottom side of the K member. Also, the 54-1/2 inch dimension is the distance between the hole edges, not the hole centerlines. I am looking for a sharper image.

I'll be taking measurements sometime this weekend. Currently, it is raining here in coastal Georgia.
Thanks a lot i was getting confuse here .I was taking measurement from top of the K member where engine sits thats why was not getting right number lol.

Pictures of text and diagram from my service manual are below. That 51.73 inch dimension looks like it is between the hole edge and and torsion bar centerline at the aft face of the K member. Stay tuned. Lol. I'll try to take some good images and provide them with the measurements.

IMG_20190118_212504.jpg
IMG_20190118_212150595.jpg
IMG_20190118_212241275.jpg
IMG_20190118_212307006.jpg

Pictures of text and diagram from my service manual are below. That 51.73 inch dimension looks like it is between the hole edge and and torsion bar centerline at the aft face of the K member. Stay tuned. Lol. I'll try to take some good images and provide them with the measurements.

View attachment 707171 View attachment 707172 View attachment 707173 View attachment 707174
Thanks alot for the help since 3 weeks I was badly stuck with measurements because the AMD frames I got the holes on it for measurements are not in correct place .trosin bar cross member center holes should be 37 1/2 And I am getting 37" so I have to fix that and both frame marking are out and plus 3/8 short.so that means I am big time screwed lol.

Is it possible if you get time can you give me the measurement from trosin bar cross member till K member center bolt cuz like to check if there is problem with bolt measurement please.

20190119_094141.jpg

Is it possible if you get time can you give me the measurement from trosin bar cross member till K member center bolt cuz like to check if there is problem with bolt measurement please.

View attachment 707367

Please clarify the distance by marking-up the Dodge frame diagram and posting it here.

Auto Transport Service
Back