• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with my dash

69Satellite

Local time
8:45 AM
Reaction score
I have my dash out and disassembled and am refinishing it. But I think I am missing a few pieces. Could someone please provide pictures of their dash. I have a 69 Satellite. The main pieces are trim pieces and there is a whole above the radio underneath the dash pad... lost and can't find any pictures. please help

I don't have any pictures for you (sorry) but the hole above the radio should be for the heater controls.

Yep. That's it. And to the right of that would be either a blank plate, or an interior light if it had a light package

Yep, found the controls that fill the hole. I have boxes of parts to piece everthing together and I also have the light next to that as well.

Only two holes on the underside of the "overhang". One (directly over the radio) is for heater controls. The other (to the right of that) is for a blank or a map light if equipped

No, sorry. I mean the trim that goes around the gauges and radio and above the glove box... I am sure I will just get some thin metal and make my own... but would like to see what it is suppose to look like.

The Sat and GTX had some wood grain stuff that covered the bare metal areas above the glove box and down the sides. The dash cluster has a thin plastic chrome trim piece that screws on from the back side of it. The radio bezel should match the other trim over the glove box. If you don't have A/C the knee pad covers the big hole in the center (below radio). I'm putting my 69 RR dash together now and will try to get pics posted over weekend.

I got it all put together and realized that on the back of the circuit board some of the main pins (the ones in a circle) are busted off... good thing I have a spare. But then also noticed additional holes and realized that I was missing some trim pieces... There are a lot of wires too...

I didn't get any pictures yet, but rather ran into a quandary myself. Is there is a clear anodized aluminum trim piece that runs along the dash above the gauge cluster to the glove box side? I'm pretty sure I took one off my 68 RR and the 69 was in boxes. It sure doesn't seem to be any room for it above the gauge cluster. Does this mean I'm getting old and my memory is fading:edgy: Don't answer that!!

I might have answered my own question, and yours too. Check out the picture of the dash. No bright trim where the face meets the dash top-

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...org.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=N&start=63&um=1

Plus the holes in the corner (in the upper part of the dash) don't look like they ever had screws installed, so must be further evidence there was no trim there. Now I have to figure out where my mystery trim came from!

I didn't get any pictures yet, but rather ran into a quandary myself. Is there is a clear anodized aluminum trim piece that runs along the dash above the gauge cluster to the glove box side? I'm pretty sure I took one off my 68 RR and the 69 was in boxes. It sure doesn't seem to be any room for it above the gauge cluster. Does this mean I'm getting old and my memory is fading:edgy: Don't answer that!!

I am pretty sure the long aluminum trim piece only came on the satellite and maybe the GTX. I bought one locally before I new I wasn't going to need it and still have if any one is looking.

If you're talking about the piece that is above the glovebox door, yeah....Satellite, Sport Satellite, and GTX only. Never on a runner

On the Sat and GTX there's a wide plastic piece that covers the metal area above the glove box and continues down the sides. The RR is painted and has a badge and a bird sticker. I have this mystery trim piece that's thin and has the contour of the dash face but for the life of me I don't remember where I took if off from!!! I'm 99.9% positive it came off my 68, and getting my 69 in boxes doesn't help. I think detmatt1 knows what I mean - by the way, I may want that part if I figure this out!! PM me.

Boy, do I feel like a dumbarse:head_smack:

K... dash is back together and almost finished and ready to go in... except

What length/size of bolts do I use to mount it near the windshield. I have 5 holes that are all the same size and one in the middel that is a smidge smaller. I am sure it will be random nuts and bolts that I will use but correct ones would help.

Meep-meep... any pictures yet? I will snap a few of my finished product for you guys. I even did some hand paint detailing. It came out okay with only a minor oops.

OK, I'm awake! The bolts that hold the dash frame to the cowl area are I believe 10-24 x maybe 3/4" long. There are some spring clips with a threaded barrel on one side as the cowl itself is not threaded.

This is an older picture that does not show the switch panel installed. I got the repo rocker switch buttons from PG Classics and have to say they are nice except one teensy-weency detail. The knurled dimmer switch wheel only fits the switch assy that has a pot metal frame and the rocker button does not have the two rectangular mounting bosses to fit the flasher switch actuator.

DSC00080.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back