• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with Radiator ID

ksurfer2

Local time
1:40 PM
Reaction score
Attached are pics of the radiator in my 69 RR. When I purchased the car, there was not a fan shround and I thought it would be wise to add one. I have bought two different shrouds claiming to fit this year/make/model as well as brackets to mount the shroud. So far nothing fits. None of the mounting screws on the radiator come even close to lining up with the holes on the shrouds or the brackets. The only number i could find on the radiator is shown in the pics below. A google search of that number did not reveal anything. Can anyone help with identifying this radiator and pointing me towards a shroud that will fit.
Thanks!
radiator 1.jpg
Radiator 2.jpg
Radiator 3.jpg
Radiator 4.jpg
Radiator 5.jpg

It is an aftermarket radiator, and I'm not sure about the application. I would hack off the studs and drill holes that correspond to one of your shrouds and use tinnerman nuts or equivalent to attach it. Assuming that the shroud is the right size for the rad.

yeahthat.gif

Yeah, that is NOT an OEM radiator. I bought a fan shroud and mounts from Megaparts for my '69 Road Runner with OEM radiator and it was plug n play.

I agree with the two guys above. It's a 26" wide radiator, so that's good. It is shaped like a Chrysler aftermarket radiator. It is set up for an automatic transmission (but would work with a 4spd too). The original radiator would have a number stamped into the upper tank (which is missing on yours).

I agree with R/T boy 67, see if one of your shrouds physically fits the fan/radiator (roughly) and fabricate a way to attach one of the shrouds. This assumes the radiator is in good shape & you are not trying to make a "numbers matching" car.

Not trying to make a numbers matching car, the radiator does its job just fine. Even without a shroud. However, the engine is currently out at the machine shop for a stroker build and I figured this would be the best time to address the shroud. I will see if I can make one of the shrouds I have work with a little fab work.

So a shroud from a 71 Chrysler New Yorker fit! Glad I finally worked that out. Now....I just need to get my motor back from the builder!!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back