• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with seized nut on Master Cylinder

MarPar

Live not by lies
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:52 AM
Reaction score
soooo the brake line nut on the front port of my master is seized.

3 days of PB blaster and various other penetrants to no avail. The rear nut came off smooth as butter. And I am trying NOT to twist the **** out of the brake line either as I want to re-use the same line and nut. I know heating a nut will usually break it loose, but I dont want to start the next Chicago Fire.

This seems pretty elementary, so wtf I am missing here?? Is that im not thinking clearly cuz im dreaming of my vacation in a month? lol

FWIW--4-wheel drums, power brakes.

thanks!!
Mario

r u using a proper line wrench? :poke:

Vise-grips-early-2.jpg

Dont waste your time with those chinese pieces of crap. Buy a repuatble mfg line/ tubing wrench, those others fit very loose and will strip the corners off...dont ask how I know...
Now you can buy one of those butane torches used for heat shrink and try to heat up the ferule on the mc, unless you have a torch with a brazing tip...

that's like cutting meat with a butter knife
(so you can understand)

what kind of steaks do you buy? horse?

sheeeit my steaks are so tender I can cut with the edge of my fork!!! :icon_fU: lol

I get what your saying, though. thanks. Now that I think about it, it did look like the box wrench did have a little gap between the wrench and nut. ****. oh well, live and learn!!

a proper wrench will prob get it loose without heat....... I am always surprised when it works

Dont waste your time with those chinese pieces of crap. Buy a repuatble mfg line/ tubing wrench, those others fit very loose and will strip the corners off...dont ask how I know...
Now you can buy one of those butane torches used for heat shrink and try to heat up the ferule on the mc, unless you have a torch with a brazing tip...

thanks Mike. I do have one of those little torches. brake fluid IS flammable, correct? and I think so is the PB blaster.

ill probably head to NAPA for the wrench then.

NAPA has been letting me down lately though...I purchased a new master cylinder (hence my taking off the lines) from them and it is freakin Chi-com crap! I asked the guy if they had USA made and they did not. I always went to NAPA cuz they always have (had) USA/Canada parts. hell, I would even take a mejico part before Chi-com crap!!

This is not a Master Mechanics tool set! Well maybe for experts...

pcs-lot-novelty-tools-toy-hammer-pliers-ruler.jpg

you could always lay down a million dollars for the limited edition snap on commemorative line wrench set........ complete with a collector mug

To tell you the truth I dont no if it is....I dont think so though...Ive cutoff a lot of u bolts that had brake fluid all around and it never ignited...
Might do a burn test!

Auto Transport Service
Back