• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with steering column mounting

Moparfiend

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:45 PM
Reaction score
AFD4D44A-8163-432D-BCB6-963F9A315E0F.png
Hi I am about to mount the steering column up to the upper mounting with the upper bracket. I am still waiting for the plastic breakaway inserts for the bracket and I dont know what type of cup washers were used. I need some nice person to snap me a picture of their mounted steering column to see what type and size washer I need. I know the stud is 1/4 inch. Here is what I am referring to. The type of washer is critical to the break free operation and I want to get it right for safety reasons. Thanks!

Those nuts have a washer with notches all the way around the washer. Rosette Washers (3) lower right in this picture. Link to the set. Seems like the ones on the roadrunner are captive washers.. They show them seperate here. Weird!

4004144__86957.1495469270.1280.1280.jpg

Hey Beep thanks so much! I guess I was barking up the wrong tree with using cupped washers (recommend by someone to me previously). Looks like all I need are these. I will call them to see if they will sell just those three since I have the rest. I wounder if any captive washer nut would be fine to use???

Not sure.. Might be able to find them on ebay.. Or someone here might have some. Hell I might have some but will have to dump out buckets of mopar bolts and nuts to find them.

Last edited:
Not sure.. Might be able to find them on ebay.. Or someone here might have some. Hell I might have some but will have to dump out buckets of mopar bolts and nuts to find them.

does it require 2 or 3 of those washers, I only got 2 back from my body man not sure exactly how it is assembled yet.

My car has been apart so many times I can't help you much except that for sure the front two studs/nuts take those washers & the passenger side of the column gets that little black ground wire. The one way up in there by your feet takes a bolt, not a nut (goes into a captive nut under the dash), but I can't say for sure if it gets the "rosette" washer or not.... mine doesn't have one (now anyways).

Thanks Grady, looks like I can get the washers I need from these cats

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back