• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

help with this fender

74charger07ram

Local time
6:05 PM
Reaction score
74 Charger, fender is off the car. About eight inches aft of the hole for the fender mounted turn signal I have been working with hammer and dollie to take out some dings. Now I have an area about inch and half in dia. that is "oil canning". I push on it and it pops up, push on that and it pops down. Is there a way to fix it?

Sounds like it's time to shrink that area. If you don't know how to do it, I do not advise you try unless you practice on some scrap sheet metal first. You should be able to find some YouTube vids on doing it though....

:xscuseless:could use a photo of this so we may help you just a thought

I was afraid you were going to say that. I bought that book years ago and read through it last night. I'll get on YouTube and try it out on some scrap metal laying. Thanks. As for as pics, my camera phone is really bad, you wouldn't be able to make anything out.

Auto Transport Service
Back