• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hemi 1/2" oil pickup

HYRDGOON

Local time
4:41 PM
Reaction score
When putting my engine together I gave 747Mopar the ok to open up the oil opening from 3/8 to 1/2 because we understood that 1/2" pickups were available for the hemi. Ordered a hemi pickup from Milodon (showed 1/2") on the summit site but it was still 3/8"

I'm trying to work with something for the Milodon road race oil pan that will clear the girdle. Are there true 1/2" pickups out there rather than bushing down to 3/8" and if so any recommendations, suppliers or part #'s?

Thanks in advance

1/2" for the 6 qt pan.........
upload_2019-9-9_8-45-51.png

I have a new 1/2 pickup, $25 plus the ride.

When putting my engine together I gave 747Mopar the ok to open up the oil opening from 3/8 to 1/2 because we understood that 1/2" pickups were available for the hemi. Ordered a hemi pickup from Milodon (showed 1/2") on the summit site but it was still 3/8"

I'm trying to work with something for the Milodon road race oil pan that will clear the girdle. Are there true 1/2" pickups out there rather than bushing down to 3/8" and if so any recommendations, suppliers or part #'s?

Thanks in advance
Be very careful here (I've been down this road). Yes, factory hemi's had 1/2" diameter oil pickup tubes. What you need to be careful about is that there is more than one "hemi" pan and more than one "hemi" pickup....and they don't work with each other. I suggest you call Milodon & ask them so you're pickup works with the pan you have.

What girdle are you using? If the pickup curves right after coming out of the block boss, it likely will hit the girdle.
I have a BCR Caps and 1/2" girdle, and ended up making a pickup where it is straight past the windage tray before going towards the rear of the sump.

Auto Transport Service
Back