• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hemi blocks coming back...

I'll believe it when I see it.
I Still think the KB is the Rolls Royce of blocks

Any time a new product hits the market their are teething pains. When Mopar came out with the Crate Hemi in early 2000 the motors had so many problems. Mine was 1 of them, although they eventually made good on it. Problems don't show up until real world testing is done, not in a perfect environment. Just look at the Gen 3 hemi problems with timing chains, and valve seats. These problems didn't show up till guys got stuck in the real world with timing chains breaking. So hopefully these new blocks come through real world testing with flying colors.

Looks Promising Theses guys currently are making LS Blocks, Heads , & Intakes

Callies being involved
IMO make it more promising, than most

Thanks for the heads up

I made the call to Callies today & got on the list...

fc.jpg

I was excited about the Muscle Motors "The Block" was announced. That too had early quality issues. As well as availability concerns. Now? Seems to have evaporated into the abyss of "it would have been nice." History is littered with a lot of promise.

Did they give you a quote? $$$$

They told me mid $4000s.

The Mopar part number for a finished 4.5 bore Hemi block is P5160208AA (for the new Callies/Energy Manufacturing block).

Last edited:
I see Bulldog dropped their price to $3975 (+ $150 for a 4.5" bore) for a G2 Hemi block too.

I've been holding my breath since January of 2018 for the "new" MP piece (part #P5160150AC/AD). It had changed part numbers several times and it always said it was "under development". It recently showed as discontinued...I have a buddy that works at a Chrysler dealer. Called him last week to run the # and a dealership in Ohio has one in stock...weird. I called the dealer and they told me NOT FOR SALE.

Last edited:
Did they give you a quote? $$$$
They told me mid $4000s.
So...
In the "mid $5k" range, the BMP new aluminum World block is being produced.
Given the cost of a build that an aftermarket block is called for, waiting on "How much extra to make an aftermarket block of ANY brand or material useable?" if the answer is "About the same, they are ready for final machining/assembly" in MY case, I'd rather spend the extra grand and have an ALUMINUM block.

That's one thing I have never understood. If you're into a block for 4k, why wouldn't you spend the extra coin for an aluminum block? 100+ lbs off the front of the car and repairable to boot.

That's one thing I have never understood. If you're into a block for 4k, why wouldn't you spend the extra coin for an aluminum block? 100+ lbs off the front of the car and repairable to boot.
most people don't realize the penalty weight is when racing, I know in one class/ naturally aspirated and running a blower was 50lbs added to the car to level the field. doesn't seem like much but obviously is!

I was told by a real SUPER STOCK RACER that I would make more power with iron and better longevity.
Bough my mega block in 07 or 08 for $2500 for new build. Started with a 4.235 bore,,,,now up to 4.380 making over 1100 HP in a street driven car.
Here I drove from Long Island into Brooklyn for the Rumblers car show.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
I was told by a real SUPER STOCK RACER that I would make more power with iron and better longevity.
Bough my mega block in 07 or 08 for $2500 for new build. Started with a 4.235 bore,,,,now up to 4.380 making over 1100 HP in a street driven car.
Here I drove from Long Island into Brooklyn for the Rumblers car show.

1100hp.

It's about 190lbs. Off the nose of the car. It's a no brainers for me.

It's about 190lbs. Off the nose of the car. It's a no brainers for me.
Agreed, that why I went with KB. Its about 140lbs for me. Took 15 months to arrive but it finally did. Still sitting at the dealers shop. He hasn't had time to de-crate it and check for any issues.
Due to wk I won't be able to even get down to his shop till April. I did tell him he can post any photos he wants. Maybe he will. If not U definitely will once I get some pictures.

Auto Transport Service
Back