• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hemi H-pipes

Fran Blacker

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:36 PM
Reaction score
The H-pipe on my 66 Satellite is leaking at engine flanges like a pig. Think pipe was made with angle to manifold wrong and flairs don't seal. Going to remove H-pipe and see if I can get it to mate better. Any suggestions ?
If that doesn't work, anyone use ECS or Accurate H-pipes? Gardner only sells complete systems.

TTI
The H-pipe on my 66 Satellite is leaking at engine flanges like a pig. Think pipe was made with angle to manifold wrong and flairs don't seal. Going to remove H-pipe and see if I can get it to mate better. Any suggestions ?
If that doesn't work, anyone use ECS or Accurate H-pipes? Gardner only sells complete systems.
TTI ŵill make hp 4 any motor any ex man any body any size and prob in diff material S/S.

I personally have ECS on my 70 Charger RT and was totally happy with it period! It looks right , sounds right and fit right, the hemi mufflers were an awesome fit, my tail pipes are correct for a California car (smaller dia., no tips) I was pleased and it’s not much more than other systems... but I wanted dead stock .. the choice is yours but I will use that anytime I can and they have the correct clamps and hangers — nice folks to deal with to all made in USA, local for me over in Chesterfield Mo., check the website as the do offer discounts regularly!

How long is the H-piece?
I would suggest cutting it in two places if you can.
Bolt the two headpipes on first then see how a band clamp looks in the piece you removed.
Or if you can, modify the section of the H in the middle and weld it back together.
I doubt the muffler ends would move enough to make a big difference but it is possible.
Too bad you are not closer.
My son could definitely fix it for you.

You may want to also check the manifold where it meets up. I had to machine mine on the last 2 cars I put exhaust on. I Ike TTI. I’ve had good luck with them have put 8 sets on

Looked on ebay for ha ha's ECS shipping $288, think if I called would get a better price.
Called Accurate shipping $120 from Oregon.
TTI lists 2.5" not 2.25 but worth a call. Have 3" TTI on my 65 Dodge fit perfect.
Don was think along the same lines. Take a very small pie cut couple inches on down angle . Then jack up pipe to close pie cut, if pipe won't hit floor or driveshaft.

I have a aluminized old stock B-body 426 H pipe cut on eBay a couple years ago....

not much aluminum coating after sitting many years.

I had it cut for shipping purposes..... price was much cheaper...

cant remember what the cost was now.

My point is shipment can be less expensive

147.jpg
View attachment 1109588 View attachment 1109589 View attachment 1109590 View attachment 1109591 View attachment 1109592 View attachment 1109593

Last edited:
Think fixed the the problem. In the picture once the rust line. To the left of flange bolt hole note mow much metal is past the rust line. Cut the pipe parallel to rust line which allowed pipe to seat better. That excess metal caused a small gap on opposite side. Second picture is the fix, I believe.
exh2.jpg
exh9.jpg

Think fixed the the problem. In the picture once the rust line. To the left of flange bolt hole note mow much metal is past the rust line. Cut the pipe parallel to rust line which allowed pipe to seat better. That excess metal caused a small gap on opposite side. Second picture is the fix, I believe. View attachment 1109617 View attachment 1109618

yes I see... looks like the clamping steel is straight now.. Bravo

The flair looked like it was hitting the flat part flange not allowing the flair seat. Before I remove the looked on torsion bar side of pipe there was a gap of a 1/16". Say exhaust leak.

all the exhaust on mine are from Dons .

Fit like a glove and NO leaks anywhere

Auto Transport Service
Back