• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hemi spark plug tube O-Rings

HEMI RR

Local time
9:02 PM
Reaction score
Can someone explain if the original O-Rings are round or have a square shoulder. The ones I got are flat and thinner than the round ones that are in there now. The flat ones are made in USA by Mahle. I got them from Rock Auto but Advance has the same ones. They only give you 6 for some reason. I reused the ones that were in there. They don't leak so I did not want to cause a leak.

[QUOTE="HEMI RR, post: 911358684, member: 30992" They only give you 6 for some reason. I reused the ones that were in there. They don't leak so I did not want to cause a leak.[/QUOTE]

That probably for a /6 which are the same. I can't say about the way their shaped, maybe got that way through time and heat? I just took a old one along with a tube to my friendly neighborhood NAPA store and they will hook you up with what you need. Good Luck

The correct ones are round, Mancini Racing might have them. Remember no seal washers under your plugs so you get a good seat. Place a little white lube on valve cover seat when you install them. If you want less leaks then get the aluminum cups that go into plug tube holes which come with o rings. No matter what you decide to do your going to get some leaking.

Sounds like they're plain old O-rings. Hardware store or plumbing supply. I confess that's what I use.

Last edited:
I figured they should be round. I will send them back. Rock pays shipping when they mess up.

Auto Transport Service
Back