• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hemi Super Bee Barn Find

wish4hemi

Local time
12:23 PM
Reaction score
Pretty wild that cars like this are still coming out of the woodwork. Looks like the last couple of restored '70 Hemi Super Bees sold for around $160k, so I wonder what this one will be worth as a project?
https://moparconnectionmagazine.com/finders-keepers-mark-meyers-1-of-11-1970-dodge-hemi-super-bee/

5-3.jpg

A few years ago, my friend found this 69 Hemi Road Runner, 4 speeed,Dana car,under a crushed metal carport in Connecticut! They are still out there!
20191013_110354.jpg
20191013_110415.jpg
20191013_110346.jpg

If all major components including motor components present? In that shape should have no trouble getting $60k. Maybe more because of the rarity. It ultimately comes down to what two or more interested parties believe is the value?

Nice find!

My friend called me up while he was looking at the car, and said,that Road Runner I went to look at was junk! It said how bad is it? he said the fifth VIN digit is J,that stands for junk,right! I said don't leave there until it's on the trailer!

If all major components including motor components present? In that shape should have no trouble getting $60k. Maybe more because of the rarity. It ultimately comes down to what two or more interested parties believe is the value?

Nice find!
Original engine and transmission long gone.

My friend called me up while he was looking at the car, and said,that Road Runner I went to look at was junk! It said how bad is it? he said the fifth VIN digit is J,that stands for junk, right! I said don't leave there until it's on the trailer!
I believe the "J" means "Jealous" if selling. If "Buying?" I think you're right. Means "Junk"

I know a guy that has a V code Superbee in the same color combo, that he bought new. He sold it to a kid in his neighborhood in the eighties, and the kid was beating on it,so he bought it back from the kid,and has had it ever since.

Nice find!
....engine and tranny long gone.

Hemi Road Runner

That's my wagon!
I actually looked that runner over top to bottom and inside out. I walked away and had to immediately turn around and go back.
Before I said anything he said, it's real.
I asked him to educate me and he obliged.

It looks 'as found' or 'barn find' so perfectly it makes you question the authenticity.
And, iirc, it has some early 69 stuff, like the interior door locks, and other stuff.
It looks so bare bones and original almost seems impossible.
Add the freshly rebuilt and painted engine with new tires and it sure looks the part of granny's 318 car with an elephant transplant.

Fantastic car.

A neighbor of mine got a hemi gtx recently, been trying to buy it for years. Ridiculously original.

Those pictures were taken at last falls Lebanon Valley Dragway show. The car is currently owned by two brothers who rebuilt the Hemi, and made the car roadworthy, but left it otherwise in as found condition. My friend who found the car,sold it to them, because he was building a new shop,otherwise he would have kept the car. The wagon is a cool ride. There were a lot of really cool cars there that day!

This is our J code 1968 GTX that we pulled out of a storage unit in 2015. it had been there since 1985 with the paint stripped and a seized 440 in it. It does have the original trans and rearend. We left the outside and interior pretty much as found, but went completely through the drivetrain and suspension and added a 472. The grill and hood that's on it now were in the back of the storage shed, along with a Dana 60 and a hemi speed.

gtx14.jpg
GTX22.jpg
GTX25.jpg

Now
Current rf4 (2).jpg
Current lr2.jpg
Current e9.jpg

What's written on that red sticky punch tape on the dash above the tach?

And the fender tag nazis sneer because I’m building a “tribute” for around $60k so that I can actually drive it. On the street, not onto a trailer.

are you envious on Fender tag people to feel the need to call them Nazis?

I don't feel the need to sneer because you build a tribute.
And I drive my R-Code Bee

Carsten

are you envious on Fender tag people to feel the need to call them Nazis?

I don't feel the need to sneer because you build a tribute.
And I drive my R-Code Bee

Carsten
Why would I call those I’m envious of nazis? You may need to look up the meaning of both words.
Enjoy your Bee. You should.
And remember, not every comment on the internet is about you.

Why would I call those I’m envious of nazis? You may need to look up the meaning of both words.
Enjoy your Bee. You should.
And remember, not every comment on the internet is about you.

it is not about me but the general wording.
If you call them Fender tags nerds or whatever it sounds different than calling those into originality "nazis".

Treat others with the same respect you do want to receive, too.

Auto Transport Service
Back