• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hemi Swap - how to mount pedal and control management

inri

Local time
5:36 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys,

My engine arrived and I've run the engine management wires through the firewall but don't know where I should mount the plug in management board. Does anyone have pics of where they mounted theirs inside the cab?

Also, I removed the gas pedal and am not quite certain where to mount the plastic pedal. It's shape and bolt location don't exactly square up to the design of the floorboard and firewall. Pics would help regarding this too.

I'll probably have more questions in the near future, but I'm just happy to start making progress again! Whippled 6.4 into 1969 RR!

I mounted mine on the right kick panel area in my 68 Charger. My AC heater box dictated where I had to run my harness through the firewall. I think most guys without AC run their harness through where the outer indentation is right behind the passenger side head. My car had no room for the fly by wire pedal so I used the factory pedal and used a bell crank assembly from an 03 Hemi Ram. There are others on here that can help you out with the gas pedal

I mounted mine on the right kick panel area in my 68 Charger. My AC heater box dictated where I had to run my harness through the firewall. I think most guys without AC run their harness through where the outer indentation is right behind the passenger side head. My car had no room for the fly by wire pedal so I used the factory pedal and used a bell crank assembly from an 03 Hemi Ram. There are others on here that can help you out with the gas pedal

Is the circuit board visible or were you able to cover it up? I'm trying to stay away from the race car look with wires and hardware easily in view.

I had to notch my kick panel cover a little but it is not noticeable unless you look under the dash. Also The AC cars have a cover that goes under the glove box that drops down a couple inches covering up the notch in the cover. No wires are visible under my dash without getting down and looking up.
Here are a couple pics of where mine is mounted. You will have more room to do something different with your smaller heater box.

100_7150.JPG 100_7648.JPG

I had to notch my kick panel cover a little but it is not noticeable unless you look under the dash. Also The AC cars have a cover that goes under the glove box that drops down a couple inches covering up the notch in the cover. No wires are visible under my dash without getting down and looking up.
Here are a couple pics of where mine is mounted. You will have more room to do something different with your smaller heater box.

View attachment 586565 View attachment 586566
Thank you for the information! Great pics and very nice car.

Hey guys,

My engine arrived and I've run the engine management wires through the firewall but don't know where I should mount the plug in management board. Does anyone have pics of where they mounted theirs inside the cab?

Also, I removed the gas pedal and am not quite certain where to mount the plastic pedal. It's shape and bolt location don't exactly square up to the design of the floorboard and firewall. Pics would help regarding this too.

I'll probably have more questions in the near future, but I'm just happy to start making progress again! Whippled 6.4 into 1969 RR!
I have put in 4 Gen III hemi's and had to make a bracket so the pedal is a the right angle and distance from the floor. Each bracket was different. ( 1927 Chrysler, 1934 Plymouth, 1949 Plymouth and 1972 Cuda. I mounted the motor controller inside on the dash. I made a raised panel so I could also mount the extra relays. On the cuda I had to put a after market heat in to have room. That also cleaned up the fire wall.

2016-11-28 10.24.35.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back