• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

hemi swap/transmission question

Darius

Local time
2:23 PM
Reaction score
A comment on another thread I have about my swap was that is you were using the NAG1 or W5A580 transmission you HAVE to use the anti-lock brake system also or it just won't run.
Any one done this yet? If so, was it an issue? If so, how did you solve it.....or have you???
I have read a lot of articles about these swaps and have seen nothing about this. Most guys use different transmissions is why I guess.
For that matter, I haven't really seen any threads about the computer codes/programming issues involving this type of swap.
Thanks for the input

Any questions I have had, I called these guys in Mena, AR.

http://www.hotrodlane.cc/

I called them about a viper swap, and they were very helpful and sent me one of their catalogs.
All the guys I know that are doing updated swaps swear by them.

I'd be curious about that as well, since I won't be running wheelspeed sensors either.

I want to say there are vendors who offer re-flash services that will "turn off" wheelspeed requirements, but I haven't done too much research yet. After three years, I finally have the wrecked 5.7 donor car and the Satellite wagon in the same *building*...that's my big piece of progress for right now!!

Auto Transport Service
Back