• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hemi Valve covers

RENNUR96

Local time
11:24 AM
Reaction score
I found a set of old Hemi valve covers, my question is how do you know if they are for a 426 or 392 engine? I think hey say powered by Chrysler on the top in script with a long z bolt pattern down the inside edge, spark plug holes are about the size of a silver dollars. My idea is to black crackle paint then highlight the z pattern with hemi orange use for wall art.
Thanks for any response.

Those would be first gen Hemi covers.

If it's for art I guess it doesnt matter. post a picture but like 5.7 says, probably Gen I. 392, 354, 331, etc.... do they have 3 female bolt studs welded to the top between the plug holes? not all Gen I covers did, but no Gen II did. look like this??

Attachments

• shop light1086.jpg
    shop light1086.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 203
I found a set of old Hemi valve covers, my question is how do you know if they are for a 426 or 392 engine? I think hey say powered by Chrysler on the top in script with a long z bolt pattern down the inside edge, spark plug holes are about the size of a silver dollars. My idea is to black crackle paint then highlight the z pattern with hemi orange use for wall art.
Thanks for any response.

If they say Chrysler fire power they are gen I hemi covers

Hanging on wall at antique mall haven't bought them yet just wondering if they are worth 90.00 for pair, booth has lots of old tachometers, older speedometers and gauges some still in boxes. 5.7 hemi & 2059 and anybody interested next time I get up to that mall can take some pictures of section with parts & display case with gauges. Occupied right now just purchased project car today I have been looking for a MOPAR like my old 69 runner that I had in 74 searching off and on for about 5 yrs. 1968 numbers matching GTX 440 747 auto.

:grin:I have a few sets of 2d gen hemi covers o the wall of shame:grin:

Attachments

• 4.13.14 013.jpg
    4.13.14 013.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 155
  • 4.13.14 012.jpg
    4.13.14 012.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 161
  • 4.13.14 006.jpg
    4.13.14 006.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 159
Hanging on wall at antique mall haven't bought them yet just wondering if they are worth 90.00 for pair, booth has lots of old tachometers, older speedometers and gauges some still in boxes. 5.7 hemi & 2059 and anybody interested next time I get up to that mall can take some pictures of section with parts & display case with gauges. Occupied right now just purchased project car today I have been looking for a MOPAR like my old 69 runner that I had in 74 searching off and on for about 5 yrs. 1968 numbers matching GTX 440 747 auto.

Nice score with the car!! now THAT is what we need some pictures of!!!

I've restored some ...

Chrysler Firepowers.jpg

Chrysler Firepowers3.jpg

Chrysler Firepowers2.jpg

They were for a 392 and some of the heaviest gauge metal I've gotten to play with over the years.

There were also two fabulous sets of KB aluminum valve covers ...... I still smile when I think of how fine that metal was to play with, and how it was just dyin' to be beautiful. :D

089 - Copy.jpg

016 - Copy.jpg

Kindly excuse the sweats. It was a bit chilly that day.

013 - Copy.jpg

Cudachick1968 that is what they are, thank you. I am kind a new at using computers I will try posting pictures.

Attachments

• 114.jpg
    114.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 134
I'd say you did pretty well with that one :D ... stellar GTX ****!

You're quite welcome RENNUR96. If I hadn't lost a hard drive in the meantime, I could probably even give you the part number too; I always grab a close up of factory stampings just for reference purposes although I don't post them.

CudaChick worked on my 68 GTX and I get quite a few compliments. You got a nice one RENNUR96!

Here is what she did for me:

20140419_113456 (1).jpg

Wow Greg, that looks phenomenal! The color match really turned out nice. Thanks for sharing the pic and the update. :D

Auto Transport Service
Back