• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hemi water pump housing value???

Scatpack

Local time
3:34 AM
Reaction score
Some may have seen my other post about the hemi water pump housing. I decided I’m gonna use the correct style for my 70 build. It was a 65 race hemi water pump housing, part number was 2205862-2. Any idea what this pump worth? I have a member interested in it, I want to be fair about my price. Yes I checked Ebay and there was 1 but that’s “EBAY” price. Any input? Thanks guys

Just how different is that from a b or rb? In my mind it’s similar to a /6 timing cover seal, which is the same for small block/Big block and /6.

So what makes that housing special?

Factory aluminum water pump housing, one year only and only available on the hemi. All others were cast iron

not super rare or special as they where still sold over the counter in the 70's I've seen in the box nos ones sell on ebay $175-250

That’s the mid price I was seeing since last May when I bought mine. I know it’s not a super rare part they were available in the 70’s but I don’t see them around often. I’ve seen like 5 on eBay since May, cheapest was 300 and the highest was like 900. Maybe I didn’t get a deal then if new one in boxes were selling for 175-250. Can’t win all the time I guess, Thanks guys

That’s the mid price I was seeing since last May when I bought mine. I know it’s not a super rare part they were available in the 70’s but I don’t see them around often. I’ve seen like 5 on eBay since May, cheapest was 300 and the highest was like 900. Maybe I didn’t get a deal then if new one in boxes were selling for 175-250. Can’t win all the time I guess, Thanks guys
That's been there a while. List on ebay with a reserve you can live with if it's sold.
Here's one if want a repo. not mine.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chrysler-M...ash=item43ed8c2caf:g:wysAAOSwK~RaAk8L&vxp=mtr

Just took a look at the 2205862 in the attic. The one pictured on ebay appears to have a "77" date on it. Mine has "xx" in what might be the date casting & it's casting number 2536767 corresponds to what Galen Govier lists as the "1965 Hemi" casting number. Might be worth something.

Here's a NOS one. Condition and finding a buyer.

zq.JPG

not super rare or special as they where still sold over the counter in the 70's I've seen in the box nos ones sell on ebay $175-250
They did sell the aluminum housing through DC in the '70's, but they're not the same part number, not sure about the casting number.

Auto Transport Service
Back