• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Her maiden voyage!!!!!

idrivemopar

Local time
2:10 AM
Reaction score
Her maiden voyage today. Made it around the block a few times, just some suspension squeaks, guessing its all the poly stuff, and nothing blew up!!!!! Its been a long 3 years to get to this point, but I though I would post here as well since not every reads my restoration thread!!!

View attachment 176255
View attachment 176256

Still lots to do yet, but good to get her down the road!

Oh, and I got the first comment today, little boy walking with his dad says " Look at that car daddy!!!"!

Congratulations, sir.

Your dash looks nice. Can we see more?

I am still trying to figure a way to detour your way in April
It is sure looking top notch and better than new with a speedo starting at zero

Very big congrats! I am hoping to be in your shoes this summer with my RR.

I just did the calculation, and the last time the car was driven on the road was 15 years, 10 months and 19 days ago, or 5,803 days ago!!!! That was when I moved her into my house and she became a garage ornament! Where does the time go!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, forgot to add, the project informally started in April of 2011 when I had to get her running again so I could start the strip down, so just about 1 month shy of 3 years working on her so far, and by the time the stripes and badges get put on, should be 3 years.

..congrats - gotta feel like a great accomplishment.

take pride in your efforts and cruise, cruise, cruise!!!!

Get a can of spray silicone and soak those poly bushings. It will get rid of the squeaks for a couple months.

Congratulations on the first drive!!!

It is an awesome feeling that I am sure put a big mile on your face!

Soak in the glory of it but also use that energy to finish the small things too!

NICE, nice and new. Congrats on your rebuild. Looks sweeter now that it is mostly together and running down the road.

Give that man a ceee-gar!

CONGRATS man, Back in the day, I always loved the look of a different hood, today we make our own new memory's.. ENJOY!

Another one is born!!! Woo hoo! Congrats and hope you stack up more than one digit on that odometer.

Love the pics. Empty fuel and zero oil pressure?

"Oh, and I got the first comment today, little boy walking with his dad says " Look at that car daddy!!!"! "

Adults may have conditioned themselves to think cars are just cars, but children still see the wonder.

Congrats on the test drive - great looking car. I have to admit I am a little jealous.

Auto Transport Service
Back