• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Here's the answers to the pet allergy questions.

SteveSS

Local time
5:48 AM
Reaction score
To 66 Satellite: 1. Some dog breeds have more hair than others. The Husky has more hair to shed than a German Shepherd. 2. You're allergic to cats.

To Guy: OTC allergy medicines are only about 10-15% effective for dogs. Try different brands. Remember dogs metabolize the antihistamines differently. 1 mg per pound. NO DECONGESTATANT with the antihistamines. If that doesn't work there are some high-power shots and oral meds at the vet.

You can stay with the Benadryl but give the right dose 2-3 times per day.

To 66 Satellite: 1. Some dog breeds have more hair than others. The Husky has more hair to shed than a German Shepherd. 2. You're allergic to cats.

To Guy: OTC allergy medicines are only about 10-15% effective for dogs. Try different brands. Remember dogs metabolize the antihistamines differently. 1 mg per pound. NO DECONGESTATANT with the antihistamines. If that doesn't work there are some high-power shots and oral meds at the vet.

My Chessie has to take Apoquel twice a day! Nothing else works. We can sometimes cut her down to 1 a day but trying to figure when her allergies kick in is tough. Very expensive stuff!

Forgot to mention and the reason I posted this is oh the irony...she is allergic to humans!

Last edited:

Ya, I figured out I was allergic to cats, just many years too late. The husky thing still was weird, hair was no different than the dog I grew up with. But what's what. I've had three long hair dogs since.

Some dogs are allergic to Corn. Many dog foods have corn in them.

Auto Transport Service
Back