• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Here's the pictures of that 1978 AMC AMX you guys wanted.

SteveSS

Local time
4:10 PM
Reaction score
It's at a friend's yard. 1978 looked a lot cooler than 1977's in my opinion. 1977 were Hornet based. 1978's were Concord based. It would be neat if you could get the decal packages for these. The Seventies were all about the decals. Four speed, six cylinder car. Not for sure but I bet he'd take $1600. Looks like it's all there.

Located in Colorado Springs.

amx1.jpg amx2.jpg amx3.jpg amx4.jpg amx5.jpg amx6.jpg

you realize that Concord is a facelifted Hornet, right?

Neat little cars but I hope he is willing to drop a 1 if he plans on selling it. Just recently saw a cherry no rust v8 4spd in my neck of the woods sell for 4500. With all the rust and interior work that thing needs and the fact that restoring it would cost 5x more than its restored value, that's basically a 24hrs of lemons car.

I just think it's cool in a Seventies way. I'm sure it's slows as balls. I saw a couple of videos where guys were putting SBC's in the small AMC Spirits and going way fast.

I have a mobile garage for that "AMX"
crusher-opening-header.jpg

The last "real" AMX was the 1970 model year.

amx1.gif

Auto Transport Service
Back