• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hey!! Here's my '69 too!!

Marty's Mopar

Local time
8:11 PM
Reaction score
Well, I woke up yesterday at around noon thinking I had different vehicle to pick up on Saturday. I decided to read my e-mail and found that the @#%!$% had already sold it to someone else because he offered him more $$!! So, I digress. I decided not to let it get me down so I began my search again. I remembered a 69 Coronet on Craigslist. In the back of my mind I said "that things already sold". But I called anyway. The guy said he would be home around 1230 on Saturday and that "there's a bunch of other people wanting it". Being selfish and greedy I asked him when he was leaving his home Saturday morning if he was returning at 1230. He said he'd be leaving at around 0930 and I asked if I could come before that. Little did he know I worked Midnights that night and could be there by 0630-ish. I got off work this morning and called him around 0700. He seemed a little surprised but oh well, I wanted that %^$# car!!! So I showed up, made sure all the rust was there, loaded her up on the dollie, and headed for home. I am now the proud owner of a chunk of rust with tires!! Here she is!! The removal and getting into the garage was done by myself, and that is another great story for another time (just think 2x4's, jack stands, one person, two hours).

Here is the technical mumbo jumbo I think/ hope it's right, but I am always open to ideas, thoughts and help....
V.I.N.
WH23:
Dodge Coronet,Charger
High
2 Door Hardtop

F9G: 318 230HP 1-2BBL 8 CYL
St. Louis, MO, USA

197903: Sequence number
A4: Silver Metallic Exterior Color
A4: Trim - Basic, Vinyl Split Bench Seat, Unknown Color
H2R: Unknown Int. Door Frames
R6I07: Build Date: 6I07
110844: Order number

A01: Unknown Top Color
A40: 69 only Dodge Spring Special B
G33: LH Remote Racing Mirror
H51: Air Conditioning with Heater
M21: Roof drip rail moldings
M31: Belt Moldings

M33: Body Side Moldings
R11: Radio Solid State AM (2 Watts)
26: 26in Radiator
END: End of Sales Codes

100_0087.jpg

100_0088.jpg

100_0089.jpg

**** dude! That car is A4 SILVER with RED Interior!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit....that's R6 for the paint code on the interior (Scorch Red) and 107 (Jan 7th) for the build date
H2R is high level bench seat in red

Hey Thanks!! It is dark and cold in the garage currently and my entire body was numb so I just tried to get what I could. I hope to put it back to original specs, but it's still up for debate with the wife (Yeah, I know). I still haven't really slept since noon yesterday, so the mind is a little numb also....

put some heat in the garage and rock an roll. Looks good, keep putting the updates of pictures as you work on your project. Take care and have a great day.

Now I need to know, other than here of course, where is a good place to find all the minor details to put this thing back together? (i.e. books, manuals, pamphlets, cereal boxes) I think I'm gonna go with the original color and interior. My dad is a Mopar man but even he might not know everything. It's just something I need to think about for the distant future. I'm not sure if I'm gonna stick with the 318 that's currently in it 'cause I'd like to get a little more a$$ to the tires. I'm looking to build a good, fun ride, not really a concourse show car.

Car looks like a lot of fun and what a great color combo!! Go the cheap route! Keep the 318 just because no one else would. That would be a great looking car and non HP cars can bee totally cool too!!
KID

Q5 Coronet 1.JPG

Well, the cancer has gotten to her pretty bad. The trunk has rusted out worse than I thought. It looks like it has been parked with it's a$$ in a saltwater tank for about 20 years. I fear that some of you will be long gone by the time I finish this project. I've gone through it a bit and have found more useful parts still attached then I thought. So the majority of the work will be the trunk and quarters (and parts chasing). My neighbor had expressed interest in assisting me with the replacement of the trunk, qtrs, and interior floor pans so that should save me a bundle. I've been advised by some "friends" that it would be cheaper and less headache in the long run to buy one already completed, they will no longer be on the top of my "buddy list". Some people don't understand why anyone would take on a project such as this. They just don't get it. I've decided to go with the factory colors, and will try to get it back to original as best as possible. More to follow.....

(P.S. my wife has gotten bit by the bug too and has spend all her free time searchin for parts on the internet and such, I think I need to hire a housekeeping service!)

Hey man I'm doing a 69 charger and I found a lot more rust than I thought It had. Under coating covers up a lot in pic's. But as of now I have new floor pans in and a new trunk floor. I still need the ext. to go in the trunk but they will come when I find that pile of money I missed placed. My wife gets the bug to and will come out and work with me in the garage and do stuff that just gets old to me. That's pretty cool and she like do it right. I still have to get pic's of mine up on the sight. I might have time this weekend. Good luck with your car. Graig

Yeah, It's "kinda" nice that my wife is into it and not an "all you do is spend time with that car" chick. The garage used to be my haven when it had nothing cool in it but a tv and dvd player, now it's gonna be taken over by anyone who wants a hand in recreating this monster. I guess it'll be nice eventually. I keep whining about the length of time it'll take to finish, cause I want it running NOW!! I guess that's the way of us "younger generation". We demand immediate satisfaction.

what a score and a harley tag too, way to go. good luck with the resto

Hey Marty, I got pics of my car up now I don't know if you seen them. Graig Friedrichs 69 charger pics. It's all tore down now and I can't wait to drive it again to.

Auto Transport Service
Back