• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

hey is is just me ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MOPAR MARTY

Local time
8:59 AM
Reaction score
or has anyone else noticed that most of the questions here r from folks that have no idea what they r doing under the hood , they r mistaken that they r mechanics , they think because they can change oil & plugs on a small block what ever they somehow have instantly become mechanical . now i know not everyone has my 44 yrs of shade treeing under the hood of my cars / i have made some boner screw ups . but when i got stumped i asked my cousin who is real mechanic as of now he now has allmost 50 yrs under the hood (we r 3 yrs apat in age . he took a aotu mechanics class @ a vocational school back in the early 1970's he can set points yet + most of his 50 yrs was @ a dealership he worked under a couple master mechanics , the one guy was working in a Chrysler dealership in the 1960's he PEO ed 69 hemi Daytones &70 super birds ') the other was his shop Forman he knew alot about gm stuff the old chrysler guy knew a toon about the older mopars

Some people are so ignant, they can't figure out how to operate an air cleaner wing nut!
Ignorant is misspelled on purpose!

Yep! I don’t know it all and that’s by far obvious. I have my forte, small blocks are my thing. I’ll agree some s are very much still in the novice zone but I’m OK with that. It’s when those people answer questions with amazingly retarded replies that spins my head!

“I gained 50 hp with a .040 spark plug gap over the .035 on my stock 440!”

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaa…. Oooooooo kaaaaaay…..

Isn't one of the great outcomes behind these forums for experienced people to share their knowledge with those that don't?
Personally, I think we could all be a lot kinder to people with "dumb" questions.

I don't claim to know it all. I do get the satisfaction of doing everything myself as well as the cost savings from paying a shop to repair my vehicles, home improvements, etc. However, I do know so many people these days that are not mechanical inclined what so ever. They could not even operate button fly jeans.... It is a dieing breed of person.

Isn't one of the great outcomes behind these forums for experienced people to share their knowledge with those that don't?
Personally, I think we could all be a lot kinder to people with "dumb" questions.
Agree. Some are entering the hobby without any prior knowledge or experience hoping to make their start. We all did the same. On the other hand, it gets to become a circus if someone posts “My car won’t start; what could be the problem?” lol

I’ve asked questions recently about working on the drum brakes and front suspension. I did all this stuff as a teenager back in the mid 80’s. I didn’t have anything other than a FSM and a phone to call speed shops. I just want to hear what others have done. And... I’ll learn til my last breath. Hopefully! :thumbsup:

When you started your “shade tree” career 44 years ago, did you know it all? Everyone has to start somewhere.

Instead of getting on the guys that don’t know everything like you do, you might try passing some of your knowledge on. Posting on here for advice is no different than you asking your cousin (or anyone else) for help. Just a different medium of communication.

I know this was posted at least in part as a response to the threads I have created, since you just finished replying to them and telling me that I “don’t make sense”. All I have to say is it would help if you would read what you’re replying to before you hit post. Might also not be a bad idea to re-read what you typed to see if it’s legible. None of us are perfect.

Here we go...AGAIN!!! As of late I no longer offer my advise because with the newer up and coming ones showing up here, they are either too impatient for a fix or answer, or want it to be as simple and painless as possible. One of the first acquisitions I procured was a FSM...Factory Service Manual...for the specific years and models I was going to be envolved with. Yet I bet many here do not even have one nor would even obtain one. It is what broke me into the hobby and helped me to expand my knowledge base. So much so, I have built/re-built very many sub systems for my MOPARS. And without having to have an outside source for most of those works. The OP is definitely a newbee here and it shows by his posting. And yes I am referring to the way in which it is written. I'll leave it at that...cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

Last edited:
I can handle newbie questions that experienced guys may call dumb. We were all there once. But like said, something better than a basic, “My car is overheating” would help. It’s a generic statement not a question though we know it is and there seeking help.

I like trying to help.

Yeah we all don’t have the OP expertise and I may never get there. But if he doesn’t like the dumb questions then don’t read the post. He should just talk to people on his level. Joined in 2020 and already having issues with posts?

No its not just you!
My advice to newbies....... If you buy your dream car project. And have to work on it yourself.
PLEASE BUY A SERVICE MANUAL! For your year and model car. It will pay for itself seriously fast! And it will save you tons of $$$ and aggravation in the long run.

If you don't know how to use a jack and/or change a flat tire, you have NO business whatsoever having either a Drivers Licenses or a collector car!

I will try to help if I can offer any decent advise.
Some of the off the wall thread replies to help questions are for the most part funny. Sometimes folks are just wired to tight.

I certainly don't have decades of experience. In fact, I consider myself to be a newbie in this. To get things done on my car, I do the research, read the manuals, and try to figure it out for myself. However, there have been times I have still been stumped and have come here for help and received nothing but the best assistance. I will continue to do so. I appreciate the help from those that are willing to give it. For those that are not....well that is fine too, there are plenty that are willing to help.

Its always been that way on these type of websites.... You get maybe 3 or 4 people who know there stuff, the rest are usually Dumb fks

ef3fa0bd-034f-42ad-89be-836923c5fe00.jpg

When I started my shade tree 'career' 50+ years ago I was actually working under a tree.....until one day I was pulling an engine and looked up to see if the limb the hoist was hanging from was doing ok and at the same moment, something fell from that tree and landed into my eye. Took me two days to go to the eye doctor to remove it. No more working under trees for me lol. Had a oversize one car garage that wasn't strong enough to hang a hoist from the rafters but after that incident, it got modified. :) And seems like I learn something new here every day be it mechanical or..... :D

Somebody told me i need a left handed screw driver to change the blinker fluid but i only have a right handed one. Do you guys think it'll work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back