• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hi all need some help

70-74 Cuda

Local time
1:53 PM
Reaction score
Hi i have 68 charger im working on. I had to replace a section of the passenger side rear frame rail and passenger side rear leaf spring perch. I did brace and measure twice and cut onces. Once u put the leaf spring back on its seems to be under strees. It doesn't have the same seating as the driver side. The pictures will explain better. Can someone measure there leaf spring perch to see if my measurement is correct?

20190604_131133.jpg 20190604_131122.jpg

Do you have any "before" pix?? Keep in mind that no two springs are going to be the same, nor in the same condition side to side after many years. So your measurement may just be right. Hopefully someone with the right dimension will chime in.

I have often wondered about the reproduction shackle mounts. They list the same part number for dodge and plymouth, but the originals are different. The sleeve for the upper shackle mount on a plymouth is 1" further forward than on a dodge. Iwould check that against the other side.

I have often wondered about the reproduction shackle mounts. They list the same part number for dodge and plymouth, but the originals are different. The sleeve for the upper shackle mount on a plymouth is 1" further forward than on a dodge. Iwould check that against the other side.
I never thought of that and good idea. ill try to check tomorrow by matching it up with the original. Thank

R/T boy 67 was right. The repo and original spring perch have different measurements. How will I find one that exactly matches up to the original.

20190624_102151.jpg 20190624_102129.jpg

70-74 Cuda have you replaced the other side if not maybe you should to make both sides match otherwise weld a patch over the holes and redrill to match the old one or wait till they remanufacture a new one that will match your original one

70-74 Cuda have you replaced the other side if not maybe you should to make both sides match otherwise weld a patch over the holes and redrill to match the old one or wait till they remanufacture a new one that will match your original one
The driver side is good just the passenger side need replacing. I have already started patching its will post pic

Just got my spring perch in and what do u know. The measure is the same as the original spring perch. If anybod has the measurement of wher the spring perch go that would also be helpful

20190701_130746.jpg 20190701_130752.jpg

Look like i might have to section in a part of rear frame rail also the other patch panel i bought wasnt well made. Anynody had luck with the goodmark or sherman frame rail. I have used their quarter panel and other pieces but never a rear frame rail

Hi all its been a while. It look like im going to have to replace the whole rear passenger side frame rail which i should have done when i bought a whole frame rail. What makes it harder is my driveway is not leveled and i have no jig. Ill post a better picture of it tomorrow of how uneven it is

20210621_124129.jpg

I got lucky on my build the frame rails where in good shape. Can you put something on the frame rail and measure it before you cut it out for your measurement's under the car. It is good to have a level surface for sure.

I got lucky on my build the frame rails where in good shape. Can you put something on the frame rail and measure it before you cut it out for your measurement's under the car. It is good to have a level surface for sure.
I already cut out a section of the old rail that was rusted. I might have to push the car around to find the most leveled part in my driveway way or just push it in my garage. Going to have to play musical cars in the garage

20210122_141606.jpg

Last edited:
Was not for bad luck I would not have not luck at all. So the story goes. If like the runner which I am sure it is. Could mount a piece of square tubing to the frame rail under where it is on the floor board rail and use it to get close. If you are looking for height measurement's and do the same with the other side. This might help. Some spot's in my floor where a little off but not bad. But was able to write all the measurement down from side to side and it worked well for some part replacement's. I did measure every thing before cutting things away. Take lots of pictures will be a big help latter down the road. Also only do one piece at a time. I strongly suggest not to take to much away from what you are working on. Wish you a lot of luck on the build look's like your having the after market kick in the *** problem we all run into. Keep at it you will get it. Some times we have to walk away for a while and thing's will fall in place for ya. Blue. :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back