• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HI all

6packMIKE

Local time
12:43 PM
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I'm mike from the Detroit area. I always wanted a classic muscle car, so I started looking around last year. While going through Craigslist I found a 1970 coronet 440 8 miles from my house, so I went and checked it out. The car was a basket case, but all the body work was done. Sitting in the garage the guy had a new motor (440 six pack), rebuilt trans and nearly all the trim and accessories, they just weren't in the car......yet. The car was even painted sublime like I wanted. I HAD TO HAVE it!!!!! I picked it up in Oct. and have been working on it slowly. There is a huge learning curve ahead because I was really a guy that barely even changed his own oil let alone build a car. Fun project so far. I'm doing everything myself so it is all taking longer than it probably should. The motor has custom pistons, 6 pack rods, stage 6 aluminum heads and a beefed up cam. Like I said the trans is rebuilt-727. The car also has a 8 3/4 with 3.91 gears, front disk brake conversion and new interior-seats, carpet, headliner and a few other things. I also got all the glass, which is a plus. Just about everything is new. Below are some pics. I know how you guys like pics. When I get this done it will be one bad BEE clone. Right now I just want to get it runnin for the dream cruise.

Well that's the story of my ride. I will share more on my progress and will be asking a lot of questions down the road.

Take care.
Mike

P1010136.jpg

CIMG0021.jpg

CIMG0015.jpg

CIMG0054.jpg

Looking good so far!

Thanx for the welcome.

I will have to post some new pics. I haven't had time to resize them yet. I recently dynamatted the inside and used undercoating in the doors. It came out great. I also forgot to mention that the car is a routissourie restoration.

talk to you guys later.

Hi & Welcome. Very Very Nice First Project!! Love To See The Pics.

A small piece of advise, If you haven`t yet got one, get yourself a factory 70 Coronet/Charger Service Manual. UNBELIVABLY HELPFUL!!!

I wouldn`t give mine up for Loven or Money ( Well maybe for the Loven )

Last edited:
Great find and a great looking car. Welcome from N.W. Indiana. Keep us updated with the progress.

I will definitely keep you guys informed on the progress. Trying to do the wiring right now, so I'm sure I will have questions. Thanx for the warm welcome. 6pktgo I did get the service manual. It has helped me tremendously, but sometimes it is still like reading chinese for a newby on car restorations. That's why I have you guys. LOL

Hey whats up propwash? Dude I messed it up my first go round. Too much paint and it leached through the tape. Pissed me off. I stripped the panel again. This time I am going to do the letters by hand and in sublime. Slightly modified I know, but I think it will turn out good. Still not sure if I should put clear on like i did before (which came out good) or seal it with something. Right now I am just trying focus on getting the motor runnin for summer. What have you been up to?

Hey whats up propwash? Dude I messed it up my first go round. Too much paint and it leached through the tape. Pissed me off. I stripped the panel again. This time I am going to do the letters by hand and in sublime. Slightly modified I know, but I think it will turn out good. Still not sure if I should put clear on like i did before (which came out good) or seal it with something. Right now I am just trying focus on getting the motor runnin for summer. What have you been up to?

Good luck with your panel Mike. I think that will look pretty sweet with that sublime lettering. Glad to hear you're going your own route on it. Thanks again for posting that finish panel restoration on the DCR. I got a buddy using the info to redo his 69'. Been busy just gearing up for summer here. Got the upper/lower control arms out of the net, changing out the bushings..What a treat!

Anyway, glad to see ya here. Good luck with the engine and panel. You try using an airbrush to paint the panel? Lot finer spray and more of a fine tuned control. Just an idea..Good luck Mike..See ya around

Wow love the 70 Coronet. This car is gonna be sweet!

Auto Transport Service
Back