• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hi from Munich/Germany

BB_MUC

Local time
10:19 AM
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

friendly greetings from Munich/Germany!

Bought my 1973 Charger already 5 years ago.

73 Charger with a retrofitted 440 (that was butchered out of a 1966 Imperial in about 2005)

The car had an odysee through Europe to get into may hands. A guy from Holland imported her in 2013, drove it for a year and wanted to sell it. That was when I first saw his advertising. Before I made up my mind, he sold it to a guy in Romania (!). This guy lost the fun about a year later and asked the dutch guy to help him sell it again, as there is no real market for american muscles in Romania. So I noticed the same car ad a year later and took a look.
Guess what, I fell in love with that car, not having the slightest idea of what I had in front of me.

Registration of classic cars in Germany is real pain, there is a technical inspection that is really going into details. I am a car guy, but always Mercedes until then. So I had the safety relevant stuff like brakes and steering checked and done by Oliver Zinn's Moparshop in Olfen, which is half way between Rotterdam, where I bought the Charger and Munich, where I live. Oliver is a great guy and he was kind enough to let me work together with his mechanics on my Charger. I learned so much valuable stuff from him. Priceless for a newbie in Mopars.

Now every winter I do some work to get the car into a rock solid reliable condition and enjoy riding it in summer. I like to keep the car in a mostly factory condition, I am not too much into restomods. Besides, you can't get restomods registered as a historic car in Germany.

Now, with all these Corona restrictions, I am using the time to work on the steering and that is the point where I became from a "passive" reader of this forum to an active member as I have some questions to ask, where I can't find the answers already in existing threads.

Anybody from Germany out there?
Regards from Bernhard.

2A821EE0-CDA5-44B9-9790-5975DB3991A6.jpeg

Welcome from NJ!

Welcome from Alabama. Great to have another Charger guy, even from across the water. I had several Sprinter Vans in a business here, and am familiar with the German engineering, plus my brother was a Mercedes technician for 10 plus years.

@ Jerry: THANKS!
Yes, I noticed, there is quite a difference between the german and the US kind of car engineering :)
I like the german fine detailed "optimised in every detail" engineering as much as the mostly oversized brute force performance american way. Nothing beats that famous US V8 sound. Not even a Mercedes V8.

Welcome BB. Very nice Charger and welcome to this site. Any questions you have about your car is on here, just ask.

Nice car and welcome to the site! I really liked driving when I was there from late 71 through early 73. Got real homesick when I saw a 68 Charger and a 69 road runner go at it from a light in Frankfurt one day lol. Both cars had German registration on them.

Just German decent! Wouldn't mind visiting .
Anyways sweet car that's about my favorite charger right there .

Welcome to the group. I lived in Bad Aibling '77-'84 and went to high school in Munich in Perlacher Forrest. Then in the military in Pirmasens twice, '85-'88 and '90-'92.

Beautiful car! I've had 3 Rallye Chargers, and your picture makes me want another one - in that color. Wow! Welcome from northeast of Detroit, Michigan.

Auto Transport Service
Back