• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hmmm, new thought on EV's

oldbee

Local time
6:38 AM
Reaction score
How far can you drive the Electric presidential limo with all that armor plating on one charge? We may have to stretch it out to 30'(?)for extra batteries.

Maybe it would explode!
My first thought....

1 hmmmm.jpeg

My second thought.....

Aushwitz (2).jpg

I was recently stuck on rte. 78 for 2 hours due to a fatal accident. How long would an ev last with AC and radio going? Now you have to look for a charging station. In my opinion ev's are useless for any kind of long distance travel.

I was recently stuck on rte. 78 for 2 hours due to a fatal accident. How long would an ev last with AC and radio going? Now you have to look for a charging station. In my opinion ev's are useless for any kind of long distance travel.
How long will a gas engine last with AC and radio going? Like a gas car, the electric car probably uses far less power when it is sitting still.
Either way, it's still only a Cadillac. Reagan arrived in far more style for his inauguration in a 1972 Imperial. :)

That's okay: They want all big trucks to not run on fossil fuel in the next few years as well. Not sure how much energy storage to replace about 100 gallons of diesel per day will weigh. I'm sure the geniuses in charge have thought of that though.

How long will a gas engine last with AC and radio going? Like a gas car, the electric car probably uses far less power when it is sitting still.
Either way, it's still only a Cadillac. Reagan arrived in far more style for his inauguration in a 1972 Imperial. :)

Carter arrived in a Mustard Colored Chevrolet.

More electric cars would mean less consumers buying gas and oil. Lower demand would bring lower oil and gasoline prices.
Yes, but we ALL use electricity. So what happens when demand for juice triples, or worse, and supply is entirely inadequate? California can't keep the a/c on now! $1000/month electric bill? $2000? More?

And how are we going to get all that Lithium since we abandoned the Lithium mines in Afghanistan for the Chinese to take over?!?

Who is in charge around here? Flippin morons that’s who.

And how are we going to get all that Lithium since we abandoned the Lithium mines in Afghanistan for the Chinese to take over?!?
What mines were abandoned? There have been some guesses that there is lithium and other rare metals over there - sensationalist headlines tout the 1 trillion dollar figure - but actual surveying and exploration hasn't been finalized. Most of the news articles, and there are many of them, refer to a 2007 US Geological survey and a 2010 Whitehouse memo, but in fact they only mention lithium once, and they didn't find any, just boron which was a clue that there MIGHT be lithium there. Afghanistan isn't even a blip on the world's supply.
By-Country.png

Last edited:
That's okay: They want all big trucks to not run on fossil fuel in the next few years as well. Not sure how much energy storage to replace about 100 gallons of diesel per day will weigh. I'm sure the geniuses in charge have thought of that though.
Wanna bet?

And battery powered locomotives make sense too! Put an extra rail on the ground and energize it to power the loco or put high line wires up.. wait they did that over 100 years ago! Batteries go dead at the wrong time even with regeneration braking it will still need charged..

Need to get some of that free bubalub that Merle used to sing about!

I live in North central Florida. And I see many new gas stations that are being built. But none of them are being equipped with charging stations! Which tells me that electric vehicles are a premature overpriced fad. Long live hydrocarbons!
Give me gas , give me fire, give me that which I desire. FUEL!

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back