• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hockey pucks???

Tylor

Local time
6:24 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone ever heard of it used Hockey pucks for body mount bushings?? Asking for a friend:praying:

For what car or truck ? Polyurethane body mount kits are available for most everything.
Prothane comes to mind.

I'm not sure what the exact durometer numbers are, but I'd guess to say the pucks are much harder than a manufactured body bushing, resulting in a harder ride. Off the top of my head.

There are poly urethane body
I'm not sure what the exact durometer numbers are, but I'd guess to say the pucks are much harder than a manufactured body bushing, resulting in a harder ride. Off the top of my head.
There are poly urathane bushing right? Arent hockey pucks made of the same?

Despite what the "material" is, the hardness level measured by a durometer for rubber or plastic, is the key. An apple is an apple, but you can get different colors and tastes. So, you can get a rubber disc that can be anywhere from soft to hard.

Has anyone ever heard of it used Hockey pucks for body mount bushings?? Asking for a friend:praying:
Yeah.....and saw them used on a mid 60's pickup to tie the bed and the cab together to help reduce flexing as whole. Hot Rod Garage IIRC, and they sliced them in half to reduce the thickness. Good or not, I dunno but it wouldn't be too hard to have them checked for durometer if that's a concern. They might be a cheap alternative if one lives in an area where they are in an abundance or cheaper to buy than mounts made for the auto industry but then you would probably have to machine or cut then down to size since they are fairly large in diameter....?

There are poly urethane body

There are poly urathane bushing right? Arent hockey pucks made of the same?

Pucks are vulcanized rubber..........I've shot many of em. My boys proved they had ballistic capabilities when shot at something other than a net.
They have many utility uses....insulators, feet of a generator to keep it from walking. Looks like you might of figured another.

We've used wood before red oak or black locust add a nice touch.

Used to work a a hockey store years ago. We would sell cases of puck to people doing all sorts of lift/ suspension work. Mostly 4x4’s as far as I can remember. Seemed to work well.

For body mounts or projectiles? lol
Don't forget combustible for warmth!
Used to work a a hockey store years ago. We would sell cases of puck to people doing all sorts of lift/ suspension work. Mostly 4x4’s as far as I can remember. Seemed to work well.
Memory lane.......Had a buddy use em stacked as a bodylift, then cut the top and bottom of "Hamm's" beer cans, slit up the back and wrap the pucks......truck appeared to be supported by beer cans!

I could see that. Hard rubber would add stiffen up things for HD use.

The one I used for my steering joint, sourced from the Czech Republic (sorry you North of the border guys, but also credible as a hockey playing nation) produced a spiral when drilled (did not melt) and appear to be quite durable as well as heat and cold resistant.
I believe this is year five or six for it in use.

They have many utility uses....insulators, feet of a generator to keep it from walking. Looks like you might of figured another.
Yea gosh darn tootin on that! I use 4, 2 on each side to level out a old punch clock of mine that sits on the floor!

Hmmmmm! What rhymes with puck? LOL!

Luck, duck, truck, muck, buck, huck, tuck. I don't know what your perverted minds thinkin?

We used them for truck body lifts as teens as they were the easiest thing to get your hands on in a hockey town. Pick how high, drill a hole through them all and a length of rerod.. lol. I use them now to lift the kids cars on the 2 post lift vs buying pinch weld adapters. One puck on each lift pad, centered under the pinch weld, works good.

The Corvette guy use them between the floor pan and frame to prop up sagging fiberglass floor pans on C2s. Sorry - no help.

I could see that. Hard rubber would add stiffen up things for HD use.
I never tried but they kept ordering cases and doing all kinds of jobs.. of you needed the right too to drill out. Regular drill wouldn’t do it. Keep sealing up!

Auto Transport Service
Back